PDA

View Full Version : IPTV list help.

skratch
21-08-13, 10:05
Hi all
I am using a iptv list to watch Shows on my box (vu duo vix 722) i know that some streams won't work because of incompatible codecs but on some streams it plays in slow motion so i have to keep leaving the stream and going back to it till it plays normal, on some streams it keeps freezing the box so i have to turn it off from the back. Is this normal?

Rob van der Does
21-08-13, 10:58
Freezing shouldn't happen. Is it a crash (--> auto restrart) or endless spinners?

judge
21-08-13, 11:03
Also, what's your internet download speed?
Streaming can consume quite a bit of it.

skratch
21-08-13, 11:10
Freezing shouldn't happen. Is it a crash (--> auto restrart) or endless spinners?

It actually freezes as in nothing happening that i have to switch the power off from the back

Also, what's your internet download speed?
Streaming can consume quite a bit of it.

Internet speed is not brill its only 13Mb but i usually can watch shows sometime without a problem once it loads.

Rob van der Does
21-08-13, 11:36
That speed is more than sufficient; I only have some 7-8 Mbps here and that's absolutely fine for HbbTV.

What you might try for the DUO is to activate a swap-file.

skratch
21-08-13, 11:44
That speed is more than sufficient; I only have some 7-8 Mbps here and that's absolutely fine for HbbTV.

What you might try for the DUO is to activate a swap-file.

Ok im still learning but i have got the option up on the screen but what size shall i create ie. 8Mb 16Mb.........

Rob van der Does
21-08-13, 12:07
As large as possible

skratch
22-08-13, 16:10
Ok i have activated a swap file and was viewing some of the live cams from around the world, i switched channels and it locked up and has taken about 5 minutes to react.

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 17:34
OK, next step would be to use the 'CacheFlush' plugin; it's available via our feeds.

skratch
22-08-13, 19:03
Ok ive installed it and will keep you updated thanks Rob.

Rob van der Does
22-08-13, 20:43
If this doesn't help I have no more tricks :)

skratch
25-08-13, 16:03
Unfortunately i am still getting no response for up to 5 minutes on some iptv channels that don't work on vu+, is there any plugins for iptv lists that are custom made for the vu+ ie. only working channels for the vu+

Rob van der Does
25-08-13, 16:06
That will never work: websites tend to change their contents/codecs quite frequently.

satmanbasil
25-08-13, 18:20
Hi mate

With Iptv its hit and miss when it comes to downloading I have 126gig download here and i can wait up to 2mins before some channels open up also depends on quality of the server it comes from with odd freeze etc dare say in years this will improve lets hope the boys at vu do something with regards to full codecs in the next update otherwise we may find this box lagging behind.

skratch
25-08-13, 18:27
That will never work: websites tend to change their contents/codecs quite frequently.
Hi Rob ok i understand thanks for all your efforts im trying out XBMC plugin instead of iptv now.

Hi mate

With Iptv its hit and miss when it comes to downloading I have 126gig download here and i can wait up to 2mins before some channels open up also depends on quality of the server it comes from with odd freeze etc dare say in years this will improve lets hope the boys at vu do something with regards to full codecs in the next update otherwise we may find this box lagging behind.

Hi satmanbasil
Thanks also for the info i do hope that vu+ sort the codec problem out as i feel this will improve things much better.

Rob van der Does
25-08-13, 18:48
lets hope the boys at vu do something with regards to full codecs in the next update otherwise we may find this box lagging behind.
I don't think so:
1- it's about support in hardware (so the specs of the soc, not about anything VU can do);
2- not sure what you mean with 'lagging behind'? which box is better then?

Rob van der Does
26-08-13, 05:12
Hi Rob ok i understand thanks for all your efforts im trying out XBMC plugin instead of iptv now.
It doesn't look like the XMBC plugin is going to be the surprise-of-the-year:
1- The emulating plugin itself is very slow.
2- Using a plugin for reading streams instead of the box doing i directly won't improve things. In the end it's about the same streams that need to be read.

satmanbasil
26-08-13, 15:20
I don't think so:
1- it's about support in hardware (so the specs of the soc, not about anything VU can do);
2- not sure what you mean with 'lagging behind'? which box is better then?

Hi mate

Not knocking the vu product but my referance to "lagging behind" refers simply to other stb's that are able to open IPTV channels that the vu cant due to codec issues.

by the way i did wizz off a posting to vu regarding issues with codecs as you suggested in one of my postings on this topic... lets all hope they will in time make the updates.

Rob van der Does
26-08-13, 15:25
Not knocking the vu product but my referance to "lagging behind" refers simply to other stb's that are able to open IPTV channels that the vu cant due to codec issues.
As far as I know that would then only apply to the WMV-codec that is only supported by Xtrend and DM.