PDA

View Full Version : init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6 - fails

sledge121
20-08-13, 21:39
root@vusolo:~# init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
Collected errors:
* parse_from_stream_nomalloc: Excessively long line at 13. Corrupt file?

any ideas guys?

Thanks
Sledge

sledge121
23-08-13, 19:39
Its on build 558 if that helps

Rob van der Does
23-08-13, 22:02
Don't try to upgrade a box from such an old image. Make a settings backup, flash the box with build 723 and use the restore function in the First Install Wizard to get all your settings and plugins back.

sledge121
24-08-13, 13:46
How do you know which version number will not properly upgrade, will all my open vpn files and settings back up ok? Should i be regularly upgrading or can it be set to auto upgrade?

Im sure the image its on is only a few months old.

pooface
24-08-13, 13:50
How do you know which version number will not properly upgrade, will all my open vpn files and settings back up ok? Should i be regularly upgrading or can it be set to auto upgrade?

Im sure the image its on is only a few months old.

In theory, it should still do an online update. But, there are so many changes that have been made, it's always best to do a full flash and restore settings, like rob says...

If you want to make sure that you have everything backed up, go to the backup manager, and press the menu button. Then, press the yellow button to choose the files to backup, and ensure that all files you need are selected...

Might also be worth taking a full image backup from the image manager, to ensure that you have the image to reflash to your box, in case there was anything that you didn't backup...

Rob van der Does
24-08-13, 14:14
Build 558 is from January 2013. So that is actually rather old: a huge amount of changes have been introduced since then.

Some of the updates that have taken place since will not be installed when updating this build, so a flash is really required.
And Pooface showed you a safe way to do that; following that your box will be up & running in a couple of minutes.