PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem

bjornon
17-10-10, 18:55
I've been running VIX for a week or so, after DE was discontinued. So far, I'm more than happy with the new image - but I have an EPG problem, and I can't find out how to solve it...

For the last couple of days, the EPG info (CoolTV Guide) show today's and yesterday's program - and it renders the service totally useless. I've deleted the epg.dat file, and the crossepg folder.

I fooled around a bit with the CrossEPG settings, and that may have been the cause of the problems - so I've turned off all functions of that extension.

Despite deleting the epg data, the error remains. Is there another way of deleting the EPG info, or correcting this error?

regards,
BjOlav

Stanman
17-10-10, 19:13
If you have no EPG data than it will show now and next - ?

bjornon
17-10-10, 21:09
If you have no EPG data than it will show now and next - ?

The problem is that I have too much EPG data...

fintannl
17-10-10, 23:04
possibly timezone issue? crossepg on vix is the best. what sat are downloading for?

bjornon
18-10-10, 16:18
possibly timezone issue? crossepg on vix is the best. what sat are downloading for?

I'm downloading 0,8W Thor - as in Rytec Nordic/Norway.
Timezone issue? 24hrs? Is it possible to manipulate the time/date setting in each plugin/extension?
I've tried manual download of EPG, but the error is still there. Could the error lie in the provider's service?

fintannl
18-10-10, 16:22
it is strange. date and time usually dictates what epg is downloaded and displayed

bjornon
24-10-10, 12:14
Still have the same problem, and I can't for the life of me find out what this is about...

- I'ved checked the time settings.
- I've tried to disable CrossEpg
- I've disabled RyVIX Epg
- I've deleted both epg.dat and epg.ext.dat (via ftp), but the EPG info is still there

I don't fully understand: Is CoolTV guide the same as CrossEpg? Or RyVIX?
If not, how is it possible to manipulate the settings of CoolTV guide?
Can I manually uninstall all built-in EPG plugins/extensions in VIX 1.1?

I'm a bit frustrated, this error renders the EPG service totally useless for me...
Nor sure if I should try to re-install VIX image, or go for another one.

BjOlav

Sicilian
24-10-10, 19:12
Coolepg is a modified Graphical EPG.

Try imported the EPG data using RyVIX. Press blue button, RyVIX > Blue button again for sources, select the sources that you want epg for, green to close > then yellow to manual import EPG.

bjornon
24-10-10, 21:39
Ok - thanks for the reply.

- I tried what you said (have done that for quite a few times, actually...)
- I tried to reinstall the image - but no change
- I changed to OpenPLi, and the problem is still there...

... which led me to the conclusion that it's got nothing to do with the image.

Next:
- I will try to manually download EPG from another provider, to see if the error is on all channels/sats/services
- I will try to load the VIX image again, this time without restoring my settings

BjOlav

canthackit
25-10-10, 08:22
yep got the same problem myself and i've said it a few times.

i can get 28.2E ok using satmate in RxVix, and sometimes on 13.0E using satmate and again sometimes 19.2E but using Rytec, but anything else will not display until i move to the particular satellite.

better add that this is with all images and not just the one i'm using atm VIX 1.1 (yes Boss i've changed again) :D

regards: canthackit

JameZUK
25-10-10, 17:26
I have the exact same problem and it seems to have started a few days ago. Tried clearing the epg as well as downloading only a subset but still nothing.....

bjornon
26-10-10, 12:17
I finally did a factory reset, and loaded OpenPLi without importing my earlier settings. That solved the problem, at least for now.

But -
I'm starting to suspect that this may be a Rytec issue... Although his service has been excellent so far, there just may be some error in the new settings files.
I have NO EVIDENCE of this, so please forgive me if I'm wrong - but seeing that others are getting the same problem, starting from about a week or so ago - this might be the case.
If so: in my case, this error refers to Rytec Norway.

I'm now downloading EPG info from an Autotimer set to zap to one specific channel every night. So far, I haven't found a way to download EPG from Rytec in OpenPLi, and I haven't been able to install the extension yet.
I'd love to go back to VIX, but I don't like the colored subs - it is frankly rubbish... Sorry if I offended someone, but in countries where dubbing is not an option, subtitles should be WHITE for optimal reading purposes.

BjOlav