PDA

View Full Version : VIX to HDMI stick (stream)

s31teg
19-08-13, 21:39
Hello

So for the last few weeks i've been looking at ways to stream channels from a box to some sort of cheap device.

I have not found the solution yet but was wondering if anyone had any interest in perusing this or have any suggestions.

So what i'm trying to achieve is have a cheap hdmi stick running something with a plugin to download the channels from a master box and then stream them. This would be even better if EPG was available.

Now i know XBMC exists but it takes ages for it to download all the time.

Could VIX be modified to run on one of these devices (HDMI stick)?

Clabs
19-08-13, 21:51
Buy a cheap enigma2 receiver and use the remotechannelstreamconverter plugin on it. Stream free tuners from server box with full EPG available. It IS the easiest and most elegant solution to what you are after.

judge
19-08-13, 21:58
An older box with broken tuners & the remotechannel stream converter plugin, or any device that can use/stream files created by the tunerserver plugin might do the trick?

s31teg
19-08-13, 22:08
remotechannelstreamconverter plugin is good, im really trying to be picky and find a vu with broken tuners just do it uses the same remote

also i have never been able to get the tunerserver plugin to work

judge
19-08-13, 22:25
The last time I used the tunerserver plugin, it worked perfectly for me using VLC on both Linux & Windows.
Didn't try it with any other apps or OS though.