PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help required

ant78
19-08-13, 19:50
Hi all

I received my VU+ today, Thanks world of satellites :)

I have VIX installed as standard and i have just installed my CCAM2.3.0 and my own CCam.cfg. Its up and running now, i came from a skybox F5 so it will take some time to get used to the VU+.

My problems are,

!) The GUI doesn't fit on the screen it cuts off the first letters

2) Can i download and install the icons/pictures of the channel names instead of the standard text eg. SKYONE?

Thanks in advance

Larry-G
19-08-13, 19:55
1. google OVERSCAN and your TV make and model, then turn this off. If this is not possible you can adjust the OSD to fit but i would do this only as a last resort as you really should turn off overscan, with overscan active you loose a good portion of the viewable tv screen in all modes.

to adjust the OSD.
Mneu> Setup> System> User interface> position setup.

2. yes these are called picons, you can either install the manually your self on a USB stick or download them from the image plugin feeds.

ant78
19-08-13, 19:59
cheers mate, will give them both a try :)

ant78
19-08-13, 20:13
1. google OVERSCAN and your TV make and model, then turn this off. If this is not possible you can adjust the OSD to fit but i would do this only as a last resort as you really should turn off overscan, with overscan active you loose a good portion of the viewable tv screen in all modes.

to adjust the OSD.
Mneu> Setup> System> User interface> position setup.

2. yes these are called picons, you can either install the manually your self on a USB stick or download them from the image plugin feeds.

Got the OSD problem fixed, Do you have a link for the Picons?

Also my plugin feed always comes back saying its unstable and wont do anything?

judge
19-08-13, 20:22
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Software Update -> Allow unstable updates = yes.
The image is currently marked unstable as we do a few tests, however this will give you access to the feeds.

If all you are after is SkyUK picons, you could try these ones (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18869-BLACK-28-2E-by-MMCMedia-No-Discussion&p=231097&viewfull=1#post231097).

ant78
19-08-13, 20:26
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Software Update -> Allow unstable updates = yes.
The image is currently marked unstable as we do a few tests, however this will give you access to the feeds.

If all you are after is SkyUK picons, you could try these ones (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18869-BLACK-28-2E-by-MMCMedia-No-Discussion&p=231097&viewfull=1#post231097).

Thanks judge ive now got the updates :)

How do i install the picons?

judge
19-08-13, 20:28
extract them to the root of the flash on the box or a USB stick, they should all be in a folder called picon.
Restart E2 after adding them.

ant78
19-08-13, 20:31
cheers all working :)