PDA

View Full Version : gigablue quad v Vu+solo 2

fast65
19-08-13, 18:28
looking to get a new receiver and can't decide between these 2. Seem to have similar specs and the giga is cheaper. Don't really need 4 tuners 2 is ample, but at the price it looks to be a good buy. How does it compare with the Vu in terms of picture quality / user friendliness and build quality etc.

many thanks

Stanman
19-08-13, 18:31
Build quality the solo shaves it

Ease of use depends on image But VIX both are easy.

Both good boxes and you font go wrong. Solo vfd imho is better and easier to read.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

skippie
19-08-13, 18:33
doesn't the solo have got less flash memory?

I got a quad and so far it's been a pleasure and it's an amazing box to use.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Darrellr
19-08-13, 18:41
Solo2 has a gigabit Ethernet port and can do transcoding now, however only has two tuners and has 256k flash

Gigablue is missing the gigabit port and doesn't have transcoding yet (under development apparently). It has two tuners as standard and can be expanded to four and has 512k flash.

I bought the gigablue because it looked more future proof (tuners & memory) and was 20% cheaper.

mrbocao
19-08-13, 20:30
The only drawback that i see in the Quad is that there a lot of people with the problem that the box stay on the red light and don't power on. The only solution is send it back to the seller and wait for a replacement.

Stanman
19-08-13, 21:06
The only drawback that i see in the Quad is that there a lot of people with the problem that the box stay on the red light and don't power on. The only solution is send it back to the seller and wait for a replacement.

I would hardly say a lot mate, only come across one post, box is solid

fast65
19-08-13, 21:10
thanks for replies. I know there were some driver problems with the quad. Have they been sorted now?

skippie
19-08-13, 21:19
never had driver problems with my quad, works perfectly

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

judge
19-08-13, 21:59
thanks for replies. I know there were some driver problems with the quad. Have they been sorted now?

Loads of Quad driver updates recently & haven't seen anyone complain about them.
By all means, seems like a decent box.

M4NIK
20-08-13, 12:42
mine os brilliant
cant go wrong for what you get for your money
went for mine because of 4 tuners and larger flash memory

madaboutlotus
30-10-13, 10:42
Must say I have been very pleased with my Quad and apart from some early problems with the Vix image, it has been trouble free. Was contemplating the solo 2 but I don't see any advantages from all of the earlier posts. Added bonus is the wife doesn't have to learn a new handset if I get another Quad :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GAH2402
30-10-13, 19:18
Hi Guys,

Had a my Quad a couple of months now (sold my Vu Duo to buy it!). I would have liked a Vu Duo 2 but couldn't justify the amount of money I had to spend! Bought the Quad and I've been very impressed. It's a LOT of box for the money! Only issue I've had was with picture quality, but that was down to the HDMI spltter I was using (I split the signal between two televisions), which had worked well with the Duo. However, I bought another HDMI splitter, which cost £10 on that well-known auction site, and I can now honestly say the picture quality is amazing!

Great box all round!

GAH

BubbleBalls
30-10-13, 19:54
Never an issue with the Quad - fantastic box for the money. Really great bang for your buck.

Tapatalker

hullfc27
19-11-13, 15:05
would you say this box is better than a tm-2t? cheers....

marty
19-11-13, 16:03
would you say this box is better than a tm-2t? cheers....

I have the TM-single and the GB Quad, both are good boxes but you won't match the horsepower of the quad ;)
I used to have a VU+Duo and upgraded from that to the Quad (Safe to say the Duo is better than the 2t?)

Larry-G
19-11-13, 16:48
I have the TM-single and the GB Quad, both are good boxes but you won't match the horsepower of the quad ;)
I used to have a VU+Duo and upgraded from that to the Quad (Safe to say the Duo is better than the 2t?)

Barring the odd driver issue which im happy to say are working great at the moment. Id happily go on record and say that my 2T is every bit as good if not better than my Duo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hullfc27
20-11-13, 08:38
ive got the 2-t just wondering if quad is any better than it or its just faster........

i would also say the tm-2t is one of the best boxes ive come across it has its minor issues but dont all boxes :)

Sicilian
20-11-13, 08:44
ive got the 2-t just wondering if quad is any better than it or its just faster........

i would also say the tm-2t is one of the best boxes ive come across it has its minor issues but dont all boxes :)

Quad defo faster, more or less same features using ViX image.

snapy13
22-11-13, 10:47
Between Solo2 and Gigablue quad which one have the best picture ?
I had a Solo2 for a month ( i send it back to vendor bec of some problem, got full refund ) and i believe the picture was amazing , both Hd and Sd.
Have the quad same picture quality ?

Mr. Mister
22-11-13, 10:51
I would say Yes.. Picture Quality on the Quad is excellent..

In the early days there were a few issues.. But this was fixed about 6 months ago..

snapy13
22-11-13, 12:08
Just bought it
I hope to have it next week.

Mr. Mister
22-11-13, 13:25
If you bought from WOS.. then you will have it really soon..

Service is second to non ..

hilly
22-11-13, 16:44
Ive got the quad and added another hd tuner to it,must say its the dogs dangles.Thinking about adding another tuner to make it the full quad.

rossi2000
22-11-13, 16:56
the quad plus is on its way :)

snapy13
03-12-13, 08:44
I would say Yes.. Picture Quality on the Quad is excellent..

In the early days there were a few issues.. But this was fixed about 6 months ago..

I am not very happy with picture quality from quad.
Not as good as solo2.
I dont know if it can be a little better with picture enhancement menu.
What settings you have ?

Rob van der Does
03-12-13, 10:54
If you use HDMI you'd better de-install the 'enhancement' plugin.

snapy13
06-12-13, 15:54
If you use HDMI you'd better de-install the 'enhancement' plugin.

I cant remove it .
Its like a part of Openmips image .

Cant understand how peoples like the picture quality of this receiver...
I spend 3 days making tests with Video enhancement menu but i am not satisfied after all.:confused:

Larry-G
06-12-13, 15:56
I cant remove it .
Its like a part of Openmips image .

Cant understand how peoples like the picture quality of this receiver...
I spend 3 days making tests with Video enhancement menu but i am not satisfied after all.:confused:

Try a different image then.

snapy13
06-12-13, 16:03
Try a different image then.

I cant use OpenVix bec DDamir Subtitle player plugin dont work well with this.
i dont trust other images.
but i dont know if its an image problem and not a hardware problem or drivers problem.

Rob van der Does
06-12-13, 19:54
but i dont know if its an image problem and not a hardware problem or drivers problem.
Then try other images and find out :confused:

dodgybob
06-12-13, 21:29
I went for the quad, doddle to setup, nice and quick as well. No problems at all with the drivers or any aspect of the box. :D