PDA

View Full Version : Strange ticking noise on the tv.

skratch
19-08-13, 15:34
Hi all
Just checking if this is normal but when a stream or a channel doesn't load it makes like a constant ticking noise until a channel has loaded. Im on Vix 721 vu duo is this normal are others having this issue?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 16:24
Never come across any thing like this my self, maybe it's a fault specific to your TV ?.

skratch
19-08-13, 18:15
Never come across any thing like this my self, maybe it's a fault specific to your TV ?.

Interesting i tried it with a scart and it was ok only seems to happen with hdmi could it be something in the settings?

judge
19-08-13, 18:16
Try a different HDMI cable?

skratch
19-08-13, 19:00
Hi m8
yep using a different HDMI lead now and still doing it i'll post a short video to show you the problem.

judge
19-08-13, 19:07
Have you made sure both ends of the HDMI are inserted correctly?
Also, checked the volume on the TV isn't turned up too high & box too low or the other way around?

skratch
19-08-13, 19:23
Have you made sure both ends of the HDMI are inserted correctly?
Also, checked the volume on the TV isn't turned up too high & box too low or the other way around?

The clicking even does it when i press mute on the vu duo
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/iaw13c7j4983f8j/LiHnJy3yQz

judge
19-08-13, 19:33
No idea so mate, I don't use that plugin but I'm sure it seems like a popular one so someone else may be able to help.

skratch
19-08-13, 20:04
No idea so mate, I don't use that plugin but I'm sure it seems like a popular one so someone else may be able to help.
What plugin would that be?

judge
19-08-13, 20:07
What plugin would that be?

The plugin you are using for streaming in your video.

skratch
19-08-13, 22:16
The plugin you are using for streaming in your video.
Its strange because its not just in plugins it happens on iptv on the bouquet as well and on channel changes

judge
19-08-13, 22:28
Its strange because its not just in plugins it happens on iptv on the bouquet as well and on channel changes

Not sure what you mean. If you are using IPTV bouquets created by a plugin, you are also using that plugin.
Does it happen in normal TV operation, i.e. with no streaming pugins installed?

skratch
20-08-13, 01:15
Not sure what you mean. If you are using IPTV bouquets created by a plugin, you are also using that plugin.
Does it happen in normal TV operation, i.e. with no streaming pugins installed?

It does if i go to a channel that is not available to me ie. a subscription channel.

Rob van der Does
20-08-13, 05:54

The clicking even does it when i press mute on the vu duo
That is not really an answer: make sure the volume of the box is (always) set to maximum, and the volume of the TV/Amp is adjusted to that.

skratch
20-08-13, 10:34
That is not really an answer: make sure the volume of the box is (always) set to maximum, and the volume of the TV/Amp is adjusted to that.

Hi Rob
Thanks it's worth a try.

skratch
16-09-13, 14:48
Just to let you know and to help anyone else with this problem I have set the vu+ duo volume to max (as advised) and control the volume by the tv and the ticking noise is now non existent
Thanks to all that helped.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2