PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Will not update to vix 721

skratch
19-08-13, 12:36
Hi all i have a vu duo running vix 719 i am trying to automatically update my image but it gets stuck on the upgrade in progress screen and i have to turn the box off from the back. I have checked the builds here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/ but there is no 721 update available yet does anyone have the image please?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 12:40
Were currently holding new builds back for testing due to extensive changes but build 721 is available if you enable the allow unstable updates option.

Menu> Setup> System> Software update.

or you could use a telnet session with the following command

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

skratch
19-08-13, 12:52
Were currently holding new builds back for testing due to extensive changes but build 721 is available if you enable the allow unstable updates option.

Menu> Setup> System> Software update.

or you could use a telnet session with the following command

Hi Pheonix
I have unstable option already the updates are showing as available i go to update it but it gets stuck on the upgrade in progress screen.

Larry-G
19-08-13, 12:55
Try making a settings backup in the backup manager

Blue button> ViX> backup manager.

Then go to www.openvix.co.uk and download the latest stable image from there ( currently build 720 ),
Flash your receiver with this image and when presented with the option during the First Install Wizard select yes to restore the settings you backed up, or you can just go into the backup manager and restore them manually.

skratch
19-08-13, 13:09
Try making a settings backup in the backup manager

Blue button> ViX> backup manager.

Then go to www.openvix.co.uk and download the latest stable image from there ( currently build 720 ),
Flash your receiver with this image and when presented with the option during the First Install Wizard select yes to restore the settings you backed up, or you can just go into the backup manager and restore them manually.

Im already on 720 are you suggesting backup settings then reflash 720 and try updating to 721 after that?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:10
Have you tried updating via a telnet session ?.

skratch
19-08-13, 13:12
Have you tried updating via a telnet session ?.
I haven't tbh not sure how is there a guide on here somewhere please?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:15
presuming your using windows 7 have a read of this.

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

post back if you need any more help and i'll walk you through the process.

skratch
19-08-13, 13:15
Hi all i have a vu duo running vix 719

Just realised what i put i am on 720 already sorry.

skratch
19-08-13, 13:21
presuming your using windows 7 have a read of this.

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

post back if you need any more help and i'll walk you through the process.

Nice tutorial mate im on mac using idreamX i have used telnet before but not sure how to update via telnet.

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:25
log into the box via a telnet session using root as the user ( no password is set so you should not need that ).

once your logged in and see this

Welcome to OpenViX for vuduo
openvix 3.0 vuduo

vuduo login: root
Password:
root@vuduo:~#

enter this code into the telnet window

skratch
19-08-13, 13:34
you could use a telnet session with the following command

I have worked it out (sorry) but still stuck on 720

skratch
19-08-13, 13:46
Awesome mate Thanks very much for all your help it worked. :)

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:50
Awesome mate Thanks very much for all your help it worked. :)

Thanks for keeping us informed.

skratch
19-08-13, 13:51
your welcome really appreciate the hard work you guys do. I do have other issues do i just create new posts?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:52
yes please make another thread and we'll see what we can do to help.

skratch
19-08-13, 14:03
yes please make another thread and we'll see what we can do to help.
This was one of the bugs but it might be fixed on 721
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30643-IPTV-List&highlight=iptv

skratch
20-08-13, 12:40
Ok just updated via telnet again to 722 as it would not allow me via the box everytime i update ive notice im left with this update to do and even with just this update it will not allow me to update, i think this is what is causing the problem

Larry-G
20-08-13, 15:55
i advise removing the ocram picons before trying to update the image as updating with picons can easily take half a hour or more.

skratch
20-08-13, 23:26
i advise removing the ocram picons before trying to update the image as updating with picons can easily take half a hour or more.
yep works ok now thanks

Rob van der Does
21-08-13, 05:57
Also de-installing followed by immediate re-installing is much faster than awaiting the online update and will also ensure you've got the latest version.

JcPrints
21-09-13, 13:25
Hi
Apologies for resurrecting this thread but I'm having the exact same issue. I have just bought a brand new vu+ duo and I as it was on build 600 I tried to do an update but it just comes up "starting" and never starts. Using the USB update method I have managed to update the bootloader and update to image 720 but if I try to go higher I just get the "starting" message again. So with the help of this thread I have tried to update using telnet and once again when the update has finished and I restart the box I get the dreaded "starting" message and the box never boots and I have to go back to 720.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

Larry-G
21-09-13, 14:54
Hi
Apologies for resurrecting this thread but I'm having the exact same issue. I have just bought a brand new vu+ duo and I as it was on build 600 I tried to do an update but it just comes up "starting" and never starts. Using the USB update method I have managed to update the bootloader and update to image 720 but if I try to go higher I just get the "starting" message again. So with the help of this thread I have tried to update using telnet and once again when the update has finished and I restart the box I get the dreaded "starting" message and the box never boots and I have to go back to 720.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

sounds very much like you have a cloned receiver on your hands.

do you know if it's a clone or not ?, please dont be offended by me asking but we dont support clones and i'd rather not waste my time or yours if you do have a clone.

JcPrints
21-09-13, 19:54
Hmmm! I'm really not sure. How would I tell? I'm a total noob and not even sure what a clone is! If I do have a clone is that a bad thing?
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
John

uscool
21-09-13, 20:05
mate its a clone as from build 720 they stopped taking the updates :thumbsup:

IAmATeaf
21-09-13, 20:08
Hmmm! I'm really not sure. How would I tell? I'm a total noob and not even sure what a clone is! If I do have a clone is that a bad thing?
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
John

If you do have a clone then yes it could be bad news firstly as phoenix has stated this site offers no support for clones and secondly you could well have been ripped off dependant on the price you paid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JcPrints
21-09-13, 20:13
I will be really mad if it is a clone because I paid a lot of money for it from a supposedly reputable seller. Is there any way to tell for sure?

Stanman
21-09-13, 20:14
Yes, post up pictures of the back of the box and inside

JcPrints
21-09-13, 20:17
Right nice one I'll do that now. I have just asked the seller outright and now awaiting a response. Taking pics now. Apologies if it is a clone but I really appreciate your help here.

Stanman
21-09-13, 20:21
Obviously we can't offer support for a clone but we will help establish whether it is or not.

JcPrints
21-09-13, 20:28

This is the inside. Is this enough or do you need the back?

Stanman
21-09-13, 20:33
V1.2 written all over it is a bit iffy never seen that before.

Is there a chip next to the card reader - have a look at post #27 here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26041-Vu-Duo-Clone/page3

JcPrints
21-09-13, 20:43

Here is the chip. Sorry if this is not the place for this. Would you like me to move my questions to a different thread?

Stanman
21-09-13, 20:50
It looks very much like a clone to me mate.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17038-Guide-Is-It-A-Clone-How-To-Claim-Through-Paypal&highlight=how+check+for+DUO+CLONE

Larry-G
21-09-13, 20:54
Sadly you have a clone, genuine units dont have the chip next to the card reader.

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

JcPrints
21-09-13, 21:18
Hi,
Yes I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact. It was about £285 in total which is why I thought it was genuine. I had also been told the seller was a genuine one.
Is it the done thing to name and shame the seller here? Would you like to contact me outside of this forum and I can let you know who it was?

Larry-G
21-09-13, 21:49
Hi,
Yes I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact. It was about £285 in total which is why I thought it was genuine. I had also been told the seller was a genuine one.
Is it the done thing to name and shame the seller here? Would you like to contact me outside of this forum and I can let you know who it was?

Wow £285 for a clone, I feel for you mate. By all means name and shame but please dont post any url's etc. I'd also demand a refund if I were you.

skratch
21-09-13, 22:18
Wow £285 for a clone, I feel for you mate. By all means name and shame but please dont post any url's etc. I'd also demand a refund if I were you.

I second that and if they refuse a refund then get trading standards involved cannot stand theses fake #ss sellers makes me mad!!!

JcPrints
21-09-13, 22:30
Well he's come back to me and is not happy. He's stating that it's a 100% genuine and that I have to send it back to him and he'll refund me and close my account. He's being quite aggressive and saying that these forums will tell me anything! There's no way I'm letting it out of my site before I get a refund. I hate all this. Gutted :(

abu baniaz
21-09-13, 22:35
How did you pay?

Larry-G
21-09-13, 22:39
sadly clone sellers will try any thing to try and convince the novices that there buying original hardware, i can assure you however that the photos you uploaded show the receiver to be a clone as original hardware does not have the security board shown in your photo's, i own two original duo's so i know what i'm talking about here.

I'd like to know who the seller is, if your not comfortable naming him in public please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
22-09-13, 04:48
A seller becoming aggressive is also a clear sign of a bad conscience!

Stanman
22-09-13, 10:23
Did you get anything extra with the box?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Larry-G
22-09-13, 10:32

Here is the chip. Sorry if this is not the place for this. Would you like me to move my questions to a different thread?

This photo here clearly shows the ferrari "secret" chip which is used to circumvent the anti clone measures in place by Vu+. regardless of what your seller says this unit is a clone as genuine units do not have this chip and have no need for it.

Larry-G
22-09-13, 10:35
Here is another photo of the "secret" chip on it's own for comparison.

JcPrints
22-09-13, 17:09
Luckily through PayPal. He's offered to give me a refund if I post it back but a) I'd find it hard to prove anything without the box and b) it's illegal to post fake goods so could get in trouble myself.
Would anyone on here be able to provide me with proof that it's a fake to help me with my PayPal case?

Rob van der Does
22-09-13, 17:24
The presence of the 'secret chip' is proof of being a clone.

JcPrints
22-09-13, 17:50
Brilliant. Thanks for all your help and if this whole experience doesn't put me off I'll be coming back to you to buy a proper box. Sorry to waist all your valuable time on a clone! I'll also be sharing the name of the seller when the time is right ;)

skratch
22-09-13, 18:07
Brilliant. Thanks for all your help and if this whole experience doesn't put me off I'll be coming back to you to buy a proper box. Sorry to waist all your valuable time on a clone! I'll also be sharing the name of the seller when the time is right ;)

sorry you have had a bad experience I myself nearly brought a clone but luckily I was alarmed by the cheep price moral of the story you get what you pay for well usually but in your case it was clearly an atempt to rip of joe public. if you do brave it and buy another box only one place http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU
and all these guys will be able to help you as much as you need. :)

BubbleBalls
23-09-13, 15:02

Don't be put off, as hard as it may be, as the experience of these boxes and this site has been fantastic for me. A steep learning curve at times, frustration etc but a worthy experience.
I'd be mental right now having been conned by that scumbag but put it into perspective - you will get your money back so can buy a genuine unit. It could have been a long long time before you discovered it, at which point you may not have followed up on it, the hardware could fail after a year and you would not have followed up on it. You could have used a different image. As pissed as you should be, this will save you time/hassle/money by fixing it now. Having dealt with many suppliers/sellers of electrical goods its usually the guys that are friendly and helpful that have nothing to hide.

Hope you get sorted quick and please do shame this guy. Nobody should go through that sh!t if they are buying a genuine unit.

Tapatalker

JcPrints
23-09-13, 16:37
It looks like this guy knows the system because I'm struggling to find someone who will standup and verify my box as a clone on paper. :( I can't believe this is happening. Can anyone on help me?

Larry-G
23-09-13, 16:44
It looks like this guy knows the system because I'm struggling to find someone who will standup and verify my box as a clone on paper. :( I can't believe this is happening. Can anyone on help me?

Take as many high resolution snaps of the inside and outside of the receiver as possible including the rear pannel and secret chip. If need be i will write a report for you for paypal to verify its a clone it wont be the first time I have done that. But I need a lot of snaps ( oround 20 or so ) to compare with my genuine unit.

Im at work rite now but if you sort them out I can write a report later this evening.

JcPrints
23-09-13, 16:50
Oh my god you are a star! I've been ringing round all day and I too am at work. I'll pm you tonight. Seriously I can't thank you enough. It's not even about the money it's the principal.

Larry-G
23-09-13, 16:58
Oh my god you are a star! I've been ringing round all day and I too am at work. I'll pm you tonight. Seriously I can't thank you enough. It's not even about the money it's the principal.

Take the photos and compress them into a archive then email them to me ( pm me for a email address ). Name all the pictures individually with a unique reference number vu001, vu002 etc etc. Ill look at them and let you know but just from the snaps of the secret chip alone im convinced its a clone as genuine units dont have this. I also need the paypal claims reference number they gave you to quote in the report. Pm them to me.

I really cant stand people who try to rip others off.

guevara321
23-09-13, 18:07
Hi could you name the seller please without posting the link, just to stop other people falling into the guy's trap? Thanks

skratch
23-09-13, 18:36
Hi could you name the seller please without posting the link, just to stop other people falling into the guy's trap? Thanks

Or pm the name to admin,so they can name and shame this w@nk#r!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Larry-G
23-09-13, 18:38
Lets try not to turn this thread into a witch hunt guys, were only interested in establishing if this unit is a clone or original at present, if the photo's show it to be a clone then we can if necessary name the seller so that users know that he or she sells clones as genuine units.

uscool
23-09-13, 19:04
I had experience with clones and genuine vu duo's and i can say 100% its a clone looking at them pictures, no genuine had that security chip, thing is most sellers of clones will say its a clone and what version , i can understand that , but this guy is just ripping you off by saying its genuine and you paid over the top, i know people that know they buying clones cause they pay much less, but they know its a clone, but his sold you saying to you its genuine which is just not right