PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] cant upgrade from 705 build

gerryd13
19-08-13, 12:10
hi, I was currently up to the latest build yesterday, 720, but when I took my usb out the screen went blank so restarted the box and I was back to 705. so I inserted the stick back in enabled my swapfile but now when I try to upgrade from the box its says nothing to upgrade and when I try the telenet way it updates so many packages and reboots the box within 5 mins, I look on info and still its on 705. this is the first ti,e its happened but everything still works on my box just wont upgrade

thanks in adavance

Larry-G
19-08-13, 12:43
You could also try making a settings backup

Blue button> ViX> Backup manager

Then flash build 720 and restore the backup you made from within the First Install Wizard when presented with the option to restore.

gerryd13
19-08-13, 13:04
How do you mean 'flash the build'? I don't have it backed up because I had to reformat my usb. But I do have it on my upstairs one so if I back it up on upstairs then flash it downstairs, put my usb back in will that work?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 13:09
use a fresh USB stick and create a backup suing the backup manager, then flash the image from fresh, when the box reboots into the first install wizard you will be asked if you want to restore the backup, press yes.

gerryd13
20-08-13, 13:12
Update: I reflashed the box to 720 build from the vix images download and now the problem is when I update the box using telenet, everything updates but when the box reboots all im getting is black screen, no openvix loading page???