PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Can Lose Settings If Crash or unattended power off

uscool
19-08-13, 10:27
Hi, i have a Vu Solo with latest vix 3.0 build, i find if it crashes or power is turned off without doing it via the shutdown menu it can lose its settings, like cam selection , second info bar , EPG setup etc , i dont find this happening on any other images so could there be away to fix this ? i know should always turn off via shutdown menu, but crashes and power loss cant help with that ,

also i use mgcamd , if crashes or do a normal restart it wont work , have to manually restart cam in softcam manager, its fine when doing complete restart, dont find this issue on openpli 3.0 and blackhole, but i do much prefer vix features :thumbsup:

Thanks

Rob van der Does
19-08-13, 10:34
As Enigma2 has all his information in live-memory (RAM) there's no way they can be saved in case of a power outage.
And believe me: that applies to all images.

Of course you can be lucky: if no changes have been made shortly before the power outage the settings in Enigma2 are the same as the last saved ones; so in that case no problem will be observed.

A crash is a completely different situation: on a 'normal' E2-crash, all data will be saved. However: there are circumstances, such as a segfault, when this is not possible.

uscool
19-08-13, 11:05
As Enigma2 has all his information in live-memory (RAM) there's no way they can be saved in case of a power outage.
And believe me: that applies to all images.

Of course you can be lucky: if no changes have been made shortly before the power outage the settings in Enigma2 are the same as the last saved ones; so in that case no problem will be observed.

A crash is a completely different situation: on a 'normal' E2-crash, all data will be saved. However: there are circumstances, such as a segfault, when this is not possible.

thanks for the reply, the thing is i have tested Blackhole 1.7.9 and 2.0.5 and openpli 3.0 and they never lose there settings, no matter how much i pull out the plug i have been testing this, the cams stay active , epg stays setup with rest of the settings, the vix 3.0 cam selection does seem different, to openpli 3.0 and blackhole as they just selected without no autostart needed and active ,

the cam part i never look at once setup up, and that on vix can get un active and unticked

thanks