PDA

View Full Version : Advise needed for Quad lnb installation for Sky Dish

markus625
18-08-13, 11:54
Hiya guys need some advise on what I may need to install a quad lnb on my digital sky dish which ive had up for a number of years.

My present setup is:
Vu Duo (replaced sky hd box)
twin feed (two tuners)
sky dish with two feeds

Now I was looking at adding another twin tuner box such as a venton and quad lnb something like a Technomate TM-4 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB QUAD LNB (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Technomate-LNB/Technomate-TM-4-LNB) perhaps and running some twin coax into the bedroom.

Then I was unsure if I would need a TRIAX 40mm LNB Holder Kit (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Technomate-LNB/TRIAX-40mm-LNB-Holder-Kit-With-Adaptor-for-Elliptical-Zone-1-and-2-Dish)

Now I have got the ladders out this morning and had a look and it appears I have a WNC Quad Lnb fitted with the pull down colar.

And I dont know what version of the oval dish i have and what type of lnb or adapters I may need.

Help and advise is much appreciated.

Some pictures below.

Now I dont know if this is ok or if its better for me to replace it with a newer low noise lnb or if I would need an adapter at all.

abu baniaz
18-08-13, 18:30
I read it as you only need two more outputs, this means you don't really need anything other than cabling. There are two free LNB ports.

How tall is the arm? 12mm or 20mm.

markus625
19-08-13, 19:48
IM just going to get more cable and def the new Lnb for now.

Thanks

Johev
19-09-13, 13:40
Hi markus,

I have a question, why not buy a unicable LNB. It can carry up to 4 feeds in one cable, which would mean no further cable would be needed from the Dish itself. The Vu+ Duo supports unicable and if the skybox HB does also, you would just change the LNB, get some splitters at home and configure the receivers.

Much cleaner installation, the only inconvenience might be the price of the unicable LNB.

Let me know what you think.