PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Vu Duo

dangerousb
17-08-13, 15:36
Hi,

I have been annoyed with my major uk satellite provider and looking for a alternative to there box but that can give me the same.

Can you use the box as a similar way with a 7 day epg and selecting to record a program a few days in advance? If so what firmware would people recommend and epg? Are these the best boxes for this or are there others people would recommend with a twin tuner?

Also if anyone would wish to discuss the a bit more detail please pm me.

Thanks

Stanman
17-08-13, 15:56
Duo for its time was a great box but buying now I would look at the gigabluebquad or sllo2.
As for the rest, you can achieve that and more with VIX image

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Alec
17-08-13, 18:05
Hi,

I have been annoyed with my major uk satellite provider and looking for a alternative to there box but that can give me the same.

Can you use the box as a similar way with a 7 day epg and selecting to record a program a few days in advance? If so what firmware would people recommend and epg? Are these the best boxes for this or are there others people would recommend with a twin tuner?

Also if anyone would wish to discuss the a bit more detail please pm me.

Thanks
The VU+DUO will fill your requirements, putting on the latest VIX image. If you don't want the latest bells and whistle why pay more. I have Quad and a VU+DUO and I use VU the most.

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 18:12
What is the price difference between the DUO and the Solo2?
I would spend it to get a modern box.