PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo2 tuner problem!

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 10:56
Hi Guys,

I am having problem with my tuner B. I set up motorised dish and I am using latest Vix image on my box. I just tried to watch one channel yesterday while I was recording one but it did not allow me to watch and I think my set up is correct as Tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised. I start to think I have a faulty tuner B and just want to ask you guys before I send the box back Is this might be a faulty tuner or related to something else??

Thank you

yanzui
17-08-13, 11:04
post deleted

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 11:09
Why post deleted??

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 11:14
Please test with the setup reversed (so motor to tuner B and second cable to tuner A) and see how you go from there.

That is, assuming you actually have a second cable (i.e. you have a twin LNB in your motorised dish).

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 11:30
yes I have twin LNB. Ok I will try that now and let you know.

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 11:34
That didnt work I just got black screen and dish sign on top left but no channels showing.

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 11:35
Hmm, something is wrong. You did switch the cables to the tuners?

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 11:38
Yes I did mate,

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 11:45
OK, then it indeed looks like that something is amiss with tuner B.

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 11:53
Do you thin it is faulty then?

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 11:59
Both your above tests show this.

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 12:02
Thanks mate,

Sicilian
17-08-13, 12:08
Please post your tuner settings and dish setup.

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 14:26
I got 1.1 motorised dish twin tuner and with feeds from motor.

bsoylemezli
17-08-13, 14:39
I got 1.1 motorised dish twin tuner and with feeds from motor.

Admin can you delete my last post please? I dont want my long latitude shown here all the time.

Cheers

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 14:55
Done.

I can't see anything wrong in your setup.

Sicilian
17-08-13, 15:37
Going by the sreenshot and your IP address your longitude looks way wrong. Also if using a diseqc motor why are you using advanced?

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 15:40
It worked fine for OP when the motor was attached to tuner A.

And tbh I would never use 'simple' as then you have no control at all.
But both 'simple' and 'advanced' should be fine anyway.

patmyhead
17-08-13, 17:42
i have same problem with tuner B using VTI image
at present i have both LNB cables connected to the 2 inputs on tuner A this allows me to watch & record for now until i have tuner B sorted

Hi Guys,

I am having problem with my tuner B. I set up motorised dish and I am using latest Vix image on my box. I just tried to watch one channel yesterday while I was recording one but it did not allow me to watch and I think my set up is correct as Tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised. I start to think I have a faulty tuner B and just want to ask you guys before I send the box back Is this might be a faulty tuner or related to something else??

Thank you

zoro25
17-08-13, 20:43
There is an easy check for if you have a faulty tuner module, set tuner A/B into "Not Connected" and then set C/D to be simple and check if you can watch (move the active tuner to simple depending on setup you want to check)

If you can watch then it's not the tuner but most likely they way you have it set up. At worse it could be Vix but so far I've not had any issues.

I will today try and record 3 or 4 items on differing transponders, and report back.

My set up is 2X dual Sat Tuners A/B and C/D with
A/B on a fixed dish pointing at 28.2
C = on a motorised dish currently pointing at 19.2
D = Not Connected (I've a single LNB on the motorised dish)

Rob van der Does
18-08-13, 04:25
OP has in fact done the same.