PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 and blindscan

eastof111
17-08-13, 08:01
I am contemplating getting a Duo2 with two tuners. Has anyone experimented with blind scan yet? Looking for real life reviews.

2- Does the blind scan work on one or both tuners?
3- Anyone have blind scanning times for both C and Ku vs. non-blind scanning?
4- Do scanning times differ between images utilized?

Thank you and appreciate your input.

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 10:29
ad 2: On both. However: the dual tuners still don't support blindscan (VU+ is working an a driver update for that)

ad 3: Not sure what you're after; scanning transponders that are present in your satellites.xml has hardly anything to do with blindscan. And any comparison you would do depends on the satellites.xml in use.
I have no experience on C-band scanning, but Ku-band blindscan works fine.

ad 4: Probably not, as the same hardware and drivers are being used. What does differ between images is the user friendlyness of the plugin. In ViX a lot of effort has been spend on the latter.

eastof111
19-08-13, 06:41
Thank you very much for your input. In regards to ad 3, I am trying to get an approximate hardware vs. software scan speed as compared to other receivers that I am using. I realize that scan speeds will vary between sats scanned, but it would give me a ball park figure that I can use to evaluate.

Rob van der Does
19-08-13, 07:17
The blindscan of 19.2E took 2 mins 10 sec; result attached (104 transponders found).

manikm
19-08-13, 08:30
Are the tuners hardware blindscan?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
19-08-13, 09:47
Yes.

The dual-tuner cards still need a (promised) driver update for that.

eastof111
20-08-13, 01:20
Thanks for the xml file. Didn't know that it still needs drivers for hardware blind scan support. After reading some of the reviews, I was left with the impression that the blind scans performed were hardware related.

Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
20-08-13, 05:18
All functionality of hardware, not one single item excluded, is called via drivers; how else could one 'talk' to hardware?

Also drivers have to support all functionality. A simple example: the chipset of all VU-boxes supports the WMV-codec. But as the drivers have no support for that (i.e. the codec is not enabled) it is the same as if that codec was not in the hardware at all.

Also note that the user-friendly plugin and the resulting xml are specific for OE-alliance images.