PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO Satfinder Frequencies / Symbol Rate ?

kwano888
17-10-10, 00:01
From the MENU > SERVICE SEARCHING > SATFINDER :- (default settings appear below)

TUNE : Manual Transponder
SATELLITE : 'Name of Satellite'
SYSTEM : DVB-S
FREQUENCY : 11836
INVERSION : AUTO
SYMBOL RATE : 27500
POLARITY : Horizontal
FEC : Auto

May seem a daff question but do you need to amend the Frequency and Symbol rate depending on which Satellite you are trying to locate ? If you do, which Frequency are you mean't to choose ? Theres seems to be a whole long list of them when you look them up (ie. from Kingofsat.net) :confused:

Thanks.

jusaju
17-10-10, 00:20
From the MENU > SERVICE SEARCHING > SATFINDER :- (default settings appear below)

TUNE : Manual Transponder
SATELLITE : 'Name of Satellite'
SYSTEM : DVB-S
FREQUENCY : 11836
INVERSION : AUTO
SYMBOL RATE : 27500
POLARITY : Horizontal
FEC : Auto

May seem a daff question but do you need to amend the Frequency and Symbol rate depending on which Satellite you are trying to locate ? If you do, which Frequency are you mean't to choose ? Theres seems to be a whole long list of them when you look them up (ie. from Kingofsat.net) :confused:

Thanks.

Well,

If you are searching with non-existing parameters channels from a certain satellite the result will be zero.
It means there is nothing where the tuner can be locked.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 01:13
just choose one that u know is receivable in ur location

kwano888
17-10-10, 09:39
just choose one that u know is receivable in ur location

How do you know which frequency is receivable at my location ? Is there a website you can look up. Thanks.

Larry-G
17-10-10, 09:45
as a general rule of thumb i tend to look for the bbc channels, as just about every satellite has some kind of FTA bbc channel such as bbc world. once you have a lock on that you can then scan the rest of the satellite. although i would suggest before you even get that far make sure you have the very latest satellites.xml file on your receiver for the satellites you intend to use.

also your on a satellite based forum, make a post asking people if they can receive a certain satellite in your general location, you may be surprised at just how many people on these forums are located very close to each other. but remember to include what gear you using ie.

hi i live near durham city in the north east, i'm using a 1 meter dish with a lemon block 0.2 db LNB and a DM7020. i'm trying to lock on to 4.8 east can any one tell me which would be the best channel to use for this purpose ?.

vu-duo-user
17-10-10, 10:03
as a general rule of thumb i tend to look for the bbc channels, as just about every satellite has some kind of FTA bbc channel such as bbc world. once you have a lock on that you can then scan the rest of the satellite. although i would suggest before you even get that far make sure you have the very latest satellites.xml file on your receiver for the satellites you intend to use.

also your on a satellite based forum, make a post asking people if they can receive a certain satellite in your general location, you may be surprised at just how many people on these forums are located very close to each other. but remember to include what gear you using ie.

hi i live near durham city in the north east, i'm using a 1 meter dish with a lemon block 0.2 db LNB and a DM7020. i'm trying to lock on to 4.8 east can any one tell me which would be the best channel to use for this purpose ?.

That said it would be nice if we had blind search. Maybe an upgrade ?

Larry-G
17-10-10, 10:08
That said it would be nice if we had blind search. Maybe an upgrade ?

indeed it would. i have been waiting for such a feature for over 7 years with the DM'S i have been using. and considering there linux based i'm amazed a plugin has not been released for that purpose.
but thats why i bought a cheap little receiver about 5 years ago that does that job nicely. comes in very handy when feed hunting.

kwano888
17-10-10, 10:24

Ok thanks Pheonix.

I am located in Old Trafford, Manchester. My set up :- VU+ DUO Receiver, Dish is Fibreglass Triax 88 cm, Technomate TM-2600 Super Motor, Quad 0.1db Smart Titanium Gold LNB.

Can you download the latest 'Satellites.xml' direct to my DUO or online and ftp it across (and which directory will it sit ?).

Thanks.

Larry-G
17-10-10, 10:39
to generate a satellites.xml file with all the satellites you want in it go here

http://www.satellites-xml.eu/

once done just ftp it to your receiver. as your using a E2 based VU box i'm not exactly certain of the exact directory it needs to go into but i'm sure some one here will know.

jjp2701
17-10-10, 11:06
they go in etc/tuxbox then point to the fileand change,thats were i just found it

kwano888
17-10-10, 11:11
they go in etc/tuxbox then point to the fileand change,thats were i just found it

Ok great thanks for that. Will download the xml file (with the satellites I want) and copy the file to that directory.

Much appreciated.

grtmoby
17-10-10, 12:33
to see what is available and can be picked up, u can do it here (http://www.satbeams.com)

Larry-G
17-10-10, 13:44
and for reference on E1 boxes they go into VAR/ETC