PDA

View Full Version : IPTV List

satmanbasil
16-08-13, 22:01
Hi there

Latest hobby is looking into this IPTV system I have the pluging IPTV downloader list and to view some of the available IPTV broadcast I have tsmedia plugin too.
My question concerns the downloader list can anyone confirm if tsmedia should be able to read this list or do i have to ftp the data to tsmedia to enable viewing of channels it reports.
Also its my understanding not all IPTV can be seen with a vu+ is this correct and if so is there a way to check which ones i can, right now its been suck it and see opening maybe 3 in 10 channels i wanted to see.
I did see a prog made by the people who make the vlc player to view streams and test any views on if this would be a useful tool to download.

Look forward to hearing from those in advance state of iptv training lol

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 06:12
My question concerns the downloader list can anyone confirm if tsmedia should be able to read this list or do i have to ftp the data to tsmedia to enable viewing of channels it reports.
I'm not sure what you mean.
The IPTV-list downloader adds bouquets to your box that can be viewed by simply zapping to it (just as is the case with live-TV).
TS-media allows you to watch a stream from within the plugin, not via a bouquet.

Also its my understanding not all IPTV can be seen with a vu+ is this correct and if so is there a way to check which ones i can, right now its been suck it and see opening maybe 3 in 10 channels i wanted to see.
As always this is a matter of supported codecs. Any STB can only show you video contents when the codecs are supported in the hardware of the box.
The WMV-codec is largely used these days for IPTV and unfortunately VU+ has not enabled the WMV-codecs in their drivers.
Please report and ask via

http://www.vuplus.com/supportBugReportWrite.html
The more complaints the better.
Xtrend has support for WMV on all their boxes.

I did see a prog made by the people who make the vlc player to view streams and test any views on if this would be a useful tool to download.
Can you provide a link please?

skratch
19-08-13, 09:49
HI all
I have sent a complaint as suggested above because sometimes when i put an IPTV channel on from the bouquet that iptv list has made it crashes my box and i have to turn the power off from the back (very annoying) and reboot and when i do i get this border on my tv. 28123
so to get a rid of this problem i have to go in to Settings>setup>system>user interface>position setup then change any of the settings in there slightly and it makes the boarder go away then exit even without saving settings. Im using openvix-3.0.720 on vu duo, there is an update to 721 but it will not update for some reason just gets stuck on the update screen. is there something i am doing wrong or is this normal for vu duo on vix?

Trial
19-08-13, 10:56
hi,
disable overscan at your TV if possible.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 4

skratch
19-08-13, 11:39
hi,
disable overscan at your TV if possible.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 4

Hi Trial
Thanks i will try that but i still dont understand why this only happens when the vu crashes? could it be a bug on the vix image?

Larry-G
19-08-13, 14:06
it's far better to disable overscan from the TV's end if possible rather than adjusting the OSD.

skratch
19-08-13, 14:30
it's far better to disable overscan from the TV's end if possible rather than adjusting the OSD.
Thanks I have done that i will report back if it happens again after a system crash, it might not happen now im on 721.

Trial
19-08-13, 19:35
Hi skratch,
I do not know for sure but it seems that the driver of VU+ only clears the OSD area you configured and in case of a crash the picture outside this area contains garbage which you see.

And beside this OVERSCAN IS EVIL:-)

ciao

skratch
19-08-13, 22:32
Hi skratch,
I do not know for sure but it seems that the driver of VU+ only clears the OSD area you configured and in case of a crash the picture outside this area contains garbage which you see.
Ah ok
And beside this OVERSCAN IS EVIL:-)

ciao

Ah ok seems better since updating to 721 but it still happens but very faint now will try and take another picture.

judge
19-08-13, 22:46
Ah ok seems better since updating to 721 but it still happens but very faint now will try and take another picture.

If you restart E2 after making the settings change & before it crashes, does it solve the issue?
Also, what have you set in Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V settings? a screenshot (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834) might be better here as there can be lots of info to compare.

skratch
20-08-13, 01:51
If you restart E2 after making the settings change & before it crashes, does it solve the issue?
Also, what have you set in Menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V settings? a screenshot (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12554-Tutorial-How-to-make-a-screenshot-dump-from-your-satellite-receiver&p=90834&viewfull=1#post90834) might be better here as there can be lots of info to compare.
It hasn't happened again yet but here is my settings.

skratch
20-08-13, 12:50
Ok after a failed update to 722 it happened again much i had to take a picture because it doesn't show on a screenshot.