PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo2 display screen

Andy_Hazza
16-08-13, 21:35
Hi peeps,
I recently bought a VU+ Duo2 from WoS and loving the box loads. I have just about set the box up how I want it but have a slight niggle with the display screen when the box is in standby mode. The date font is too big and is too long and was wondering if I can alter so that the date n time etc is fully shown rather than say '16 August 2' instead showing '16 August 2013' ?? Can anyone help me pllllleeeeaaaassseeee??

Thanks in advance.

iko
17-08-13, 02:33
go to plugins choose LCD4Linux and adjust it ...

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 05:48
Moved you thread to here as that's a more appropriate sub-forum.

Yes indeed: the plugin allows you to change almost all that's being displayed on the LCD.
Bets would be to give it a try yourself; that way you'll find your way around fast enough. You coud also use one of the uploaded configurations, and see if it suits you.

Andy_Hazza
17-08-13, 07:40
Hi All,

I have set up my colour LCD screen to how I want it, It's the 2nd display that's the little niggle is on when on standby. I've looked in the LCD plugin but can't see anything that relates to that?

Thanks in advance again, much appreciated.

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 10:23
'the 2nd display' means you have an external display attached?

iko
17-08-13, 13:27
have you press Blue button on LCD4All that will bring more and more options...

Rob van der Does
17-08-13, 14:30
The blue button will only lead you to the screen-setup for different circumstances (such as standby).

iko
17-08-13, 15:29
or what you can do ;

you can enter

DUO2IPnumber/lcd4linux/config

on your web browser and you can do settings on your pc/mac...

v8rick
11-10-13, 12:55
Thanks m8 i have done lots with lcd and read your post in the past,
but i was a lot slow on the DUOIP and just put 192.***.*.** and lcd settings has come up in browser
Thanks

taximonkey
14-10-13, 13:43
I'm having the same problem with VFD display on Duo 2, In standby the text is too big for the display and is too far down so the bottom half of the display is chopped off. Don't know how to correct this, there doesn't seem to be a setting for it in LCD 4 Linux!!

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 16:25
There are soooo many settings in L4L; you must look hard to find all relevant options.
And I'm convinced your issue can be fixed by one of those.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 17:48
I think it has something to do with picon sizing, I will have to go through it with a fine toothed comb lol

Clabs
14-10-13, 17:56
I'm having the same problem with VFD display on Duo 2, In standby the text is too big for the display and is too far down so the bottom half of the display is chopped off. Don't know how to correct this, there doesn't seem to be a setting for it in LCD 4 Linux!!

Taxi

Just so we are clear, you are talking about the screen in the middle of the front panel, aren't you?

taximonkey
14-10-13, 18:21
Yes Clabs the VFD screen in the middle, not the LCD screen that works fine.

Clabs
14-10-13, 18:27
Yes Clabs the VFD screen in the middle, not the LCD screen that works fine.

Thought so buddy. There aren't any settings in LCD4L that will adjust the VFD.

I am on Vix build 750 but I think this has never been a problem for me on any previous builds. You talk of Picons which sounds like you have downloaded one of the display plugins from the feeds. If you have, then the problem will be with that, I would imagine.

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 18:29
Ahh, sorry, I thought this was about the LCD screen.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 19:32
Yes Clabs, this seemed to happen just after I installed a picons package. I have picons on the VFD display as well as the LCD screen and it seems to have made everything big on the VFD.

Clabs
14-10-13, 19:40
Yes Clabs, this seemed to happen just after I installed a picons package. I have picons on the VFD display as well as the LCD screen and it seems to have made everything big on the VFD.

OK - try Menu>Setup>System>Display>Skin setup. If you have installed another VFD Display settings from the feeds, then it will be listed here, together with default one. You can either set back to the default one to get back the way things were, download a different display settings from the feeds, or edit the .xml for the current one.

Let us know how you get along.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 19:56
OK, there was no skins in the menu apart from the default one with Cheryl Cole so I restored to that one, everything the same.

Clabs
14-10-13, 20:04
That really is wierd! Looks like something has got corrupted somehow. What picon pack did you install for the LCD or did you just download a set and ftp them accross?

Do you have a backup from before you installed the picons? If you do, you could always roll back to that or if you want to try, I will upload my default .xml and you could try replacing yours incase it has got corrupted somehow.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 20:12
To be honest I can't remember which picon set it was I installed as I've only had the box a few days and have just been finding my feet with everything basically. No backup of picons, OK thanks I could try replacing with your .xml file that would be great, could you tell me exactly where it goes.
Thanks mate.

Clabs
14-10-13, 20:25
To be honest I can't remember which picon set it was I installed as I've only had the box a few days and have just been finding my feet with everything basically. No backup of picons, OK thanks I could try replacing with your .xml file that would be great, could you tell me exactly where it goes.
Thanks mate.

No worries bud.

It wouldn't let me attach an .xml file so download this one and rename the extension to .xml

Ftp to usr/share/enigma2/display and overwrite your xurrent file and then restart your box.

If that doesn't work, I would do a fresh flash - if you have only just got it, there won't be too much customising to do.

My advice is that when you want to try a new plugin etc, do a backup first which is really quick on these boxes and so you can quickly get back to how things were if you don't like it.

Good luck mate!

taximonkey
14-10-13, 20:45
OK it didn't work, the box wouldn't even start up until I ftp'd my own xml file back in.
It's OK mate thanks for all your help but i'm just gonna do what you said and do a fresh install tomorrow and do backups as I go along.
Cheers.

Clabs
14-10-13, 20:57
Oh well - probably worth a quick try! Do me a favour (if you haven't already reflashed) and post up a pic of the VFD when the box is on. Just curious what it looked like :)

Cheers, Mark

taximonkey
14-10-13, 21:14
Here you go mate -)

Clabs
14-10-13, 21:18
Thanks mate. That looks like Rossi's large vfd picons which were for and looked great on the Ultimo that actually had a larger useable vfd display.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 21:20
Ah right, I will start again tomorrow lol

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 21:35
In the feeds are VFD-screens available. Once installed, you can choose one via the display menu. Did you try that?

taximonkey
14-10-13, 21:49
No m8 but what I just did is backed up some settings , did a reflash of Blackhole and restored settings and my stand by display has now gone to this.

taximonkey
14-10-13, 21:51
I'm gonna leave well alone for now.