PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Speedup stop/delete of active instant recordings/timers (suggestion)

ubisIst
16-08-13, 12:28
Deleting of many active instant recordings is quite complex. If you have for example 6 instant recordings and need to stop them all - you can do this over 'Recording Menu', Timer Editor' or 'Movie List'. But you will need anyway really a lot of time and button pushes to delete them.

Perhaps ViX Team can simplify and optimize somehow this procedures?

So, here're my modest suggestions:

in Recording Menu:
add something like 'Stop immediately ALL instant Recordings'

in Timer Editor:
add Multiselection (like in 'Script Runner') so we can for example Delete/Enable/Disable all selected timers

in Movie List:
add Multiselection (like in 'Script Runner') so we can for example Delete/Copy/Move all selected items

in Timer Editor:
add something like 'Delete immediately all instant Recordings'

in >Setup>System>Recording-Settings:
add something like "Delete Timers without warning=Yes/No'

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 13:28
I record dozens of shows every day and I never ever feel the urge to stop one. Let alone many :confused:

ubisIst
16-08-13, 13:50
I record dozens of shows every day and I never ever feel the urge to stop one. Let alone many :confused:
Yes, but if you have 6 instant recordings and don't stop them they only "grow and grow"... and you can't start further recordings or PiP because that not-more-needed recordings keeps tuners busy.

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 14:44
But why would you start so many recordings if you don't want them :confused:

ubisIst
16-08-13, 15:34
When during zapping I see something interesting, I start an istant-record to watch it later - but continue to watch live TV. This way I have sometimes a lot of active recordings.

pooface
16-08-13, 16:43
When during zapping I see something interesting, I start an istant-record to watch it later - but continue to watch live TV. This way I have sometimes a lot of active recordings.

You really find that much interesting to watch at the same time? I'm lucky to find 3 things I want to watch all happening at the same time! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ubisIst
16-08-13, 17:14
You really find that much interesting to watch at the same time? I'm lucky to find 3 things I want to watch all happening at the same time! Lol

4-6 recordings at the same time is not suuuuch "pervers"... ;)

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 17:16
I go through the EPG of services I'm interested in once or twice a week and set timers (autotimers most of the time).
Live-TV never happens here, so instant recording neither.
And indeed: it also happens here that 4 or 5 simultanous recordings are going on, but never any need to stop one.