PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How to setup parental control

bokkie
15-08-13, 18:51
Hi all. I'm trying to password protect 2 folders in my bouquet, but am a bit lost.
I tried to pin protect parts of the bouquet. the little lock appears next to the correct ones, but I can still access them without entering the password.
What is the correct procedure with regards to white list, black list, etc?
Thanks all.

bokkie
16-08-13, 11:18
Anyone have an idea how to pin protect parts of my bouquet?
Any help is appreciated.

Mr. Mister
16-08-13, 11:49
Gimme 10 mins.. and ill do out a wee tutorial for you..

bokkie
16-08-13, 11:57
Gimme 10 mins.. and ill do out a wee tutorial for you..
Thanks. Can't get it to do what I want it to do no matter what i try

Mr. Mister
16-08-13, 11:59
Menu > Set Up > Parental Control

Enable Parental Control = Yes
Protect Services = Yes
Change Pin Service.. Press OK
Enter 4 digit pin code of your choose
Re-Enter pin code again on line below
Press OK
Highlight Edit Bouquets List and Press OK
Find the bouquet you want to protect and press OK This will put a wee symbol beside the bouquet you want locked
Press Exit
Now keep pressing EXIT until you have cleared screen of all menus..

Now try your locked bouquet.. All should require a pin code..

bokkie
16-08-13, 12:05
Thanks. I think that was what I did, get the little lock symbols, but could still access the locked bouquets without pin.
I'll give it another go when I get home.
Will post how I get on.
Cheers

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 13:33
I think that via the 'all'-list those channels are still accessible without being asked for a PIN.

Armpit1UK
17-01-15, 09:23
Morning all, I know that this is an old thread but it highlights exactly a problem that I'm having getting the parental controls to work protecting certain bouquets. I am using the very latest version of Vix on my TM-2T. I have been setting parental control for a long time in the way set out previously in this thread but on the last couple if builds it seems to have stopped working. I go through the option setting to protect services and accepts my pin but even thought the channels are showing a lock when I go back into the menu the parental controls have changed back to "no". I word appreciate some help if anyone else uses the same. Really don't want my kids stumbling across something they shouldn't!

Armpit1UK
18-01-15, 18:43
Can anyone tell me if there's a known problem with the parental control settings?

Andy_Hazza
18-01-15, 18:49
No, all working fine on Build 125. I know this as I set parental control up on a friends box yesterday.

Armpit1UK
07-02-15, 22:29
Evening all, now on Vix Apollo 138 (recent reflash) & the parental controls still don't seem to work properly. I am very confused. I have set a pin to protect setup & bouquets and then put the locks against the ones required. It then goes back to parental control "no". Any ideas folks?

Armpit1UK
08-02-15, 09:28
Looking through a few threads, it looks as though there are a few people with this problem. It has happened on more than one version of vix, so I would ask if it could be looked at for the next build please? The Mrs will want a generic Sky or Viirgin box back if the kids start watching Babestation! Thanks!

Andy_Hazza
08-02-15, 09:37
Like I've said before, I setup a box for a friend about a month ago, a Solo2 with ViX Apollo and the parental control was working for him. I'll have a go on my box n report back with my results.

Armpit1UK
08-02-15, 16:08
Thanks Andy, I reflashed after your previous comments and it's still happening. Thought it might be something I'd done/not done. Also, I'm using a Technomate TM-2T not a Vu?

Larry-G
08-02-15, 16:18
I'm using a Technomate TM-2T not a Vu?

That would not make a difference, if your using the same image on both it will be almost identical.

pembo
08-02-15, 19:22
remember it only locks bouquets and not channels within a bouquet, so if you use ABM with a main bouquet it won't lock any of the adult channels.

abu baniaz
08-02-15, 19:57
You can skip the adult channels if using Luke's xml. The line with Adult channels needs uncommenting.

Armpit1UK
09-02-15, 20:24
Hi folks, my main issue is that the parental controls do not stay set at Yes and go back to No each time I go back into the menu. Unlike other menu choices, you don't have an option to save your preference. I've been using the parental controls for some time now & this issue has only come up recently.

Andy_Hazza
09-02-15, 20:59
Hi folks, my main issue is that the parental controls do not stay set at Yes and go back to No each time I go back into the menu. Unlike other menu choices, you don't have an option to save your preference. I've been using the parental controls for some time now & this issue has only come up recently.

Right buddy, finally got round to looking at this for you. I can confirm it does work but it took some fathoming out and I think the ViX team need to take a look at it.
How I did it was menu, setup, parental control, set enable parental control to yes, protect services set to yes, then I changed the service pin, then edit bouquets list n pressed ok on the adult n padlocked it, exit n then they key important thing to do is press the green button even though no instructions at the bottom to say so but green is to save.
Then I came out, restarted my receiver, and went to my adult section n it asked me to put my pin in before it would let me in the adult bouquet section, which is what I would expect it to do.
Hope this helps.

Armpit1UK
09-02-15, 21:49
Thanks Andy, I'll try it that way & report back.

Armpit1UK
09-02-15, 22:02
Thanks Andy, problem solved. Pressing the green button fixed it!

rossi2000
09-02-15, 23:44
can you take some screenshots of the pages where the green button should be please?
is this green button missing in all skins? or certain skins?

judge
10-02-15, 00:49
@rossi, Parental control has always been a bit confusing on ViX.
No hint text or coloured buttons shown.
Pressing OK saves some values, changes others. Pressing green button saves some values, not others (even though no green button is shown).

40649 40648 40647 40646

gunnerscotty
25-04-15, 20:06
hi guys is there a problem with the parental control on the latest image running on 166
only option i seem to get is to change the pincode ?

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 20:24
Enter default 0000 first, then other options will be available to you.

gunnerscotty
25-04-15, 20:29
im not getting any other options here m8
when i go to parental control setup i get option to change pin
when i enter default pin and then re enter to change pin it tells me it is changed sucessfully but get no other options after that

abu baniaz
25-04-15, 21:04
How did you get to build 166 please?

Does pressing right or left open menus for you?

gunnerscotty
04-05-15, 12:06
sorry for the late reply m8 i was away for a few days
i downloaded the image from vix.co.uk and installed from a new flash in front of the box

gunnerscotty
04-05-15, 12:47
sorry for the late reply m8 i was away for a few days
i downloaded the image from vix.co.uk and installed from a new flash in front of the box

just updated to the newer image hades 04
and seems to b back to normal
thanks for trying to help

antwan
04-11-16, 13:10
Hi peeps ,
I am trying to get parental control working for a friend using very latest build ie 4.2.011 on tm twin oe.
I can't see how to block adult channel bouquet.
can see options : change pin, protect services (set at yes), remember service pin (5mins), hide parental locked services (yes), protect on epg age ( 9+), reload blacklists (blank), protect screens (no)

anybody who as it working could you please advise
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ashley69
04-11-16, 13:23
Menu/setup/service searching/autobouquetsmaker/hide sections

gunner786
08-12-16, 20:14
I've forgotten the pin code now cannot get into.the menu. Anyone know how to reset it please?

xfish
08-12-16, 20:29
find file /etc/enigma2/settings.

config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=
After the = sign, will be your PIN number.

It used to be like this I hope it hasn't changed