PDA

View Full Version : Move to Europe

senbon
15-08-13, 11:33
Hi all,

I will be moving to Netherlands in November, and wanted to know if my Vu Duo will work with SKY europe, not sure if anyone can provide any knowledge on this topic or guide me in the right direction.

Look forward to hearing.

Kind Regards,

Hussain

Larry-G
15-08-13, 11:36
your Vu+ Duo will very happily work in the Netherlands but there is no such thing as sky europe. There is sky UK, ( sky Ireland and sky Scotland are included in this ) sky Italia, sky de ( Germany ) and other European services.

senbon
15-08-13, 17:38
Thanks.

So it is SKY UK who will set this up, or they have a partner in Netherlands that does, I wanted to know if the satellite will point to 28.2e so that the vu duo config will not need changing.

thanks.

Stanman
15-08-13, 17:46
You will need to either haave an existing one moved to 28.2 or have one installed or a motor one

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 18:25
Welcome to the Netherlands.
I'm sure your box will be happy there, but will you :p

Where about will you be stationed?

BTW: The Netherlands are not more or less Europe then the UK is .......

pooface
15-08-13, 18:40
BTW: The Netherlands are not more or less Europe then the UK is .......

Yes, but a lot of Britains don't want to believe that they are part of Europe... They want all the good things Europe has to offer, but unwilling to do other things. One thing that is a little sad about being British, and a reason why a lot of other Europeans don't like the British...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 18:46
Well, I do like the British very much, and I really think you have a great country, but sayings like 'going to Europe' or 'coming from Europe' etc always make me chuckle.

I really couldn't think of any Dutchy (or Frenchman or German or ......) saying that when going abroad.
Or saying something like 'leaving Europe' when going to the UK :confused:

duoduo
15-08-13, 19:50
Do you use Google translate Rob when you post on here or are you simply really good at English? Cos if it's the latter you really put alot of Brits on this forum to shame :thumbsup:

Larry-G
15-08-13, 20:12
Do you use Google translate Rob when you post on here or are you simply really good at English? Cos if it's the latter you really put alot of Brits on this forum to shame :thumbsup:

he's really that good mate. one thing you learn about our continental cousins is that they tend to use proper grammar and punctuation where as us Brits tend to be lazy and abbreviate the hell out of our words.

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 20:21
Google translate? Hehe, that machine hardly understands what I try to say :)

But I must admit that I use a spelling checker (also for Dutch, German and French), and a vocabulary. That does help, although (lack of) idiom is always the tricky point.