PDA

View Full Version : When are Clones ... Clones?

twol
14-08-13, 20:35
I guess that I have been around now for about 2 years and I am extremely happy with both my hardware and especially the VIX image and people.

However, in my view :) I am just amazed at the hardware delivered in the last 12 months, especially the firmware and drivers....... And this is so called branded recievers which in my view are no better than most of the technology from the Shenzhen technology garages.. other than they generate their own crap firmware rather than copy somebody elses.

So the question.. What is a Clone?

This is a genuine question, as some people/moderators throw out this response, even when the hardware concerned is probably from the same Shenzhen garage as a "reputable" brand :)
... And sometime in the next 6 months I may want to buy another box...... But not impressed with he current boxes. All mouth, poor delivery.

Comments:)

Larry-G
14-08-13, 20:43
A clone is simply a receiver that is produced to copy another, such as the ferrari branded receivers that do nothing in the way of development other than trying to circumvent Vu+ protection in the drivers, then you have the likes of the cloud ibox or the openbox that come in slightly different shells but still run Vu+ images. these will never be supported either on this forum or by the ViX team.

All of the receivers we currently support are produced under their own brand names and receive support from their own dedicated in house Dev teams, while some may be based on others they still go a long way to developing their own drivers, bootloaders etc.

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 21:16
All of the receivers we currently support are produced under their own brand names ....
Not only produced: the hardware is an own development.

Clones are simply Chinese copies of genuine hardware.

Larry-G
14-08-13, 21:23
Not only produced: the hardware is an own development.

Clones are simply Chinese copies of genuine hardware.

agreed, i was tong tied for the rite words LOL.