PDA

View Full Version : Questions on HD800SE

dfdream
14-08-13, 11:36
All,

Looking for a second box and leaning towards a gigablue HD800

A few questions though.

1 - Whats the difference between the SE and the UE models.

2 - Can the extra DVB-S tuners available for the Quad work in the HD800 SE or UE to make it a dual tuner.

3 - Is the recording capability with 2 tuners and 3-4 recordings an issue with the USB external HDD.

4 - Is timeshifting OK on USB Ext HDD..

Mr. Mister
14-08-13, 12:03
1/ No diffrence,, Just the SE has a digital display for the channel No.. The UE has an lcd which will display picons or programe and channel info..

2/ No.. It will not.. Or not as far as i am aware anyway..

3/ Again.. As far as i am aware.. The only 2nd tuner you can have is a usb tuner..

4/ Timeshift working fine.. Or at least was the last time i had one.. I used a 250GB usb stick..

dfdream
14-08-13, 14:48
Thanks Mr. Mister.
Just noticed one thing about the spec of the box.
Its only 333Mhz (same as original Solo that I have).
I find my solo really slow and not powerful enough for a box for everyday use..
Will the HD 800SE or UE be the same ?
Should I be looking at a better box.
My DUO does everything to an acceptable level so I fear the 800SE might be underpowered.

Any thoughts...

1/ No diffrence,, Just the SE has a digital display for the channel No.. The UE has an lcd which will display picons or programe and channel info..

2/ No.. It will not.. Or not as far as i am aware anyway..

3/ Again.. As far as i am aware.. The only 2nd tuner you can have is a usb tuner..

4/ Timeshift working fine.. Or at least was the last time i had one.. I used a 250GB usb stick..

Mr. Mister
14-08-13, 15:24
If its just a wee box that you want in a 2nd room.. I would say that the 800 SE or UE is perfect..

Yes.. Its not the quickest box on themarket.. But one thing is forsure.. Its totally rock solid..

dwarf
14-08-13, 15:49
I'd spend the extra £10 and buy the venton HD1+

It's a better spec and can be made a twin tuner at a later date if required.