PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG not populating

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 11:35
Hi

Having an issue with CrossEPG where it is not fully populating, if I select a channel and view then the EPG shows the now/ next for that channel.

I have followed guide to setup CrossEPG but cannot see what is wrong?

I am running the latest build and just reflashed this morning with fresh settings just to be sure there was no old settings causing problems but did not fix.

I have deleted the epg.dat file and download CrossEPG again (takes ages though) but still same issue?:confused:

also I am using ABM.

mcquaim
14-08-13, 11:38
Hi

Having an issue with CrossEPG where it is not fully populating, if I select a channel and view then the EPG shows the now/ next for that channel.

I have followed guide to setup CrossEPG but cannot see what is wrong?

I am running the latest build and just reflashed this morning with fresh settings just to be sure there was no old settings causing problems but did not fix.

I have deleted the epg.dat file and download CrossEPG again (takes ages though) but still same issue?:confused:

Where have you set the epg to be saved to?

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 11:39
EPG location is on USB

mcquaim
14-08-13, 11:42
EPG location is on USB

And after the EPG download completes does the epg.dat exist on the root of the USB pen?

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 11:46
it is there but although now when i try to download EPG again it now sticks at
Reading titles
Read 195KB

and doesnt complete.

mcquaim
14-08-13, 11:47
it is there but although now when i try to download EPG again it now sticks at
Reading titles
Read 195KB

and doesnt complete.

If you have an internal HDD try setting the location for the epg to HDD instead of USB and see if that helps.. Remove the USB stick when trying this!

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 13:10
crossepg, royally screwed up :(

deleted any epg.dat file and set it to a new name in settings - crossepg.dat and deleted the crossepg folder and now when trying to download it won't download any new update :(

mcquaim
14-08-13, 13:30
is there such a thing that the epg would only be scanning freeview channels even though my provider is set to skyirl?

No, it would be downloading everything!

You sure you have selected 28.2 in the OpenTV providers or what have you selected?

judge
14-08-13, 13:30
It just sounds like your EPG is corrupt.
If all you need is Sky Ire, try using CrossEPG, OpenTV & Sky UK Open TV (Astra2 on 28.2)
Shut down E2, delete current EPG & do the download then.

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 13:36
usinig
Sy Uk Open TV (Astra2 on 28.2)

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 13:37
how do u shutdown E2 on its own and still be able to FTP to delete files?

mcquaim
14-08-13, 13:38
usinig
Sy Uk Open TV (Astra2 on 28.2)

Then try what Judge is saying above then..

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 13:39

mcquaim
14-08-13, 13:47

1. Telnet onto the Duo and enter the command: init 4
2. FTP onto the Duo and delete your epg.dat file
3. Enter the following command into the telent session to restart enigma2: init 3

You might also want to format the USB stick also if you didn't do this during the fresh install you performed.

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 14:52
still not working, so going to flash the box and start again with new settings :(

mcquaim
14-08-13, 14:56
still not working, so going to flash the box and start again with new settings :(

After your reflash if its still not working then post screenshots of your EPG settings screens or else change the location of the EPG to your internal HDD if you have one or try a different USB pen!

Best of luck!

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 14:58
do u think best to use abm or mr.mister for bouquets?

mcquaim
14-08-13, 14:59
do u think best to use abm or mr.mister for bouquets?

Up to you but I personally use ABM, think it's a great tool..

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 20:30
Up to you but I personally use ABM, think it's a great tool..

EPG looks to be working, not quite sure what partially fixed it, as didnt change settings thaat was before. however some of the epg info is missing. see screenshots. any ideas?

mcquaim
14-08-13, 20:41
EPG looks to be working, not quite sure what partially fixed it, as didnt change settings thaat was before. however some of the epg info is missing. see screenshots. any ideas?

The bouquet you have used is not up to date, some channel frequencies have changed probably since that was created..

For the most up to date bouquets try ABM!

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 20:54
i know its not up to date and will try ABm when convenient but still should have info in the blanks in the EPG the way it currently is?

mcquaim
14-08-13, 21:00
i know its not up to date and will try ABm when convenient but still should have info in the blanks in the EPG the way it currently is?

No, the blank is where a channel previously was but has since changed frequency and hence why it's now blank...

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 21:05
sorry not the blanks where the channel number is but where i have marked the 'X' in the screenshot where there should be some detail/ summary of the programme that is on?

Thanks

duoduo
14-08-13, 21:12
Have you tried a different skin to see if this makes any difference. I am using MyMetrixHD and have no issues with EPG on build 720

Larry-G
14-08-13, 21:19
working perfectly here for me on build 720 with both ViX Day and Night skins setup exactly as per my tutorial.

How to setup CrossEPG for Sky uk on ViX 3.0
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0&highlight=How+setup+CrossEPG+for+Sky+ViX+3.0)

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 21:23
Thanks. really think somehow my Crossepg is corrupt. I have reflashed and tried HDD and other USB for EPG and still causing me grief. I am this close to reinitialising my internal HDD as well, as this is the only thing I can think of that I havent done and I have used the crossEPG setup guide to the word and doesnt help.

judge
14-08-13, 21:25
wy not update your channel list & populate EPG again?

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 21:28
will give it one more try and change to ABM again and see how it goes. although have to be later, wife is watching armagedden (again) :eek:

judge
14-08-13, 21:30
ABM only takes a minute or two & wont really interrupt viewing if you have a spare tuner available.

duoduo
14-08-13, 21:51
try deleting your EPG log (wherever this is saved for me it is /media/hdd and run crossepg again

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 23:22
i bit the bullet and reflashed, initialised my main HDD :( an resetup from scratch with all the same settings and EPG worked fully first time. :) :)

just now to tell the wife I couldnt be bothered backing up al her recordings, lol

Thanks everyone for the help.

Larry-G
14-08-13, 23:24
just now to tell the wife I couldnt be bothered backing up al her recordings, lol

LOL good luck with that.

judge
14-08-13, 23:28
There was no need to reformat the HDD, just shut down E2, delete EPG, download EPG again.
Just so you know if it ever happens again & save the wife headache...

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 23:30
i had tried that a couple of times.

judge
14-08-13, 23:35
I'd guess you had EPG stored in multiple places so, USB/Internal flash/HDD?
If you have an internal HDD, I find it the best place to store EPG.

cdonnelly
14-08-13, 23:42
always liked keeping it on USB and in the year that i have had the box it has been in a few places, so yeah i guessed it got messed cos of that, so was leaving formatting my HDD as last resort, but it needed it.

Thx

daz450
04-11-13, 22:26
Having exactly the same problem. if someone finds a fix plz message me.