PDA

View Full Version : EPG Clutter

madaboutlotus
14-08-13, 09:41
Hi
On my EPG there is a lot of maybe useful to some but unwanted information, like 'episode 8of10' etc., in the programme decription. How do I remove this info. If this is not clear I will send a screen dump of the EPG.

Larry-G
14-08-13, 09:47
Hi
On my EPG there is a lot of maybe useful to some but unwanted information, like 'episode 8of10' etc., in the programme decription. How do I remove this info. If this is not clear I will send a screen dump of the EPG.

you cant remove that info as it's provided by the service provider, unless you want just a now and next style epg, it's a case of every thing or nothing.

Trial
14-08-13, 09:48
Hi,
if you want to remove it from the information of your recordings search for "EIT editor".

ciao

madaboutlotus
14-08-13, 11:54
you cant remove that info as it's provided by the service provider, unless you want just a now and next style epg, it's a case of every thing or nothing.
Hi Pheonix, thanks for that. I'm sure it never used to be there when I first had the quad. Still, just have to live with it I suppose.

madaboutlotus
14-08-13, 11:55
Hi,
if you want to remove it from the information of your recordings search for "EIT editor".

ciao

Hi Trial
I need it for the displayed EPG and not the recordings informatio. Do you know what EIT stands for?

Mr. Mister
14-08-13, 11:58
I dont suppose your using xmltv.. ??

If you are.. Try opentv..

Trial
14-08-13, 12:03
Hi,
Event Information Table

ciao

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 12:09
There are several possible sources of EPG you could use.
EIT (as provided by the provider via the transponder)
Open-TV (via Cross): idem
Now/Next: idem, but might be different
XMLTV-importer: uses several websites for gathering info

You can try using another source; if you do be sure to delete epg.dat (first stop E2).

madaboutlotus
14-08-13, 15:21
There are several possible sources of EPG you could use.
EIT (as provided by the provider via the transponder)
Open-TV (via Cross): idem
Now/Next: idem, but might be different
XMLTV-importer: uses several websites for gathering info

You can try using another source; if you do be sure to delete epg.dat (first stop E2).

Hi Rob
Would it be best to start from scratch, wipe the epg.dat and activate just one, say Open-TV?

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 15:46
If you are mostly interested in UK-programs (on 28.2) you could very well disable all EPG's in the EPG-setup, and only use Cross with open-TV 28.2 activated.

madaboutlotus
14-08-13, 15:49
If you are mostly interested in UK-programs (on 28.2) you could very well disable all EPG's in the EPG-setup, and only use Cross with open-TV 28.2 activated.
Rob
Sounds like a good plan. I only use 28.2 currently. Thanks for the reply