PDA

View Full Version : Firsts for SE

girginoz
14-08-13, 08:38
With new drivers and updates
1. AGC active (Previous value was zero)
2. 0 (zero) button clears zap history and zaps to channel # 1 (Previous action was zapping to previous channel)

Larry-G
14-08-13, 09:33
you can change the action of the 0 button to either act as a panic button ( clears all viewing history and zaps to ch1 in the first bouquet ) or zaps to the last viewed channel.

Menu> Setup> System> Channel selection settings> Enable panic button = yes or no as needed.

girginoz
14-08-13, 10:04
I disabled panic button and went to 28.2E. Watched CNN for some time and unplugged.
When plugged in it started with channel #1 at turksat:confused:
(Checked but there is no log for this)

Larry-G
14-08-13, 10:07
The panic button has nothing to do with the startup service, what channel do you have set as the start up service ?.

you can manually set any channel of your choice as a start up service by pressing up on the dpad of your remote then menu on the channel of your choice and select the set as start up service option.

pooface
14-08-13, 10:13
I disabled panic button and went to 28.2E. Watched CNN for some time and unplugged.

You realise this isn't the best way to shut down the box. Might mean that some of your songs aren't saved, and could damage your flash. Best would be to long press power button and choose deep standby...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

girginoz
14-08-13, 10:16
I do not use any startup service. Prefer to start where i left but this problem is permanent with gb800se.
This might be the log. Sorry for the time stamp.(transponder time)

girginoz
14-08-13, 11:21
Timestamp of log is 14 Aug 2013 11:51:22 EEST

pooface
14-08-13, 13:04
I do not use any startup service. Prefer to start where i left but this problem is permanent with gb800se.
This might be the log. Sorry for the time stamp.(transponder time)

If you prefer to start where you left off, then don't just pull the plug... if you run the deep standby, it will store the channel you were last viewing, and start up on that channel iirc

girginoz
14-08-13, 14:47
If you prefer to start where you left off, then don't just pull the plug... if you run the deep standby, it will store the channel you were last viewing, and start up on that channel iirc

Hmm. Doesnt remember the last channel when powered off:confused:

pooface
14-08-13, 15:43
Hmm. Doesnt remember the last channel when powered off:confused:

And you are powering off by using the deep standby and letting it go through the process, rather than just pulling the plug as you started in earlier post?

girginoz
14-08-13, 16:00
And you are powering off by using the deep standby and letting it go through the process, rather than just pulling the plug as you started in earlier post?

Not yet, mate, not yet...
Last thing before sleep always plug off everything. It may take a very long time to change this habit:)

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 16:03
You can set the power button on the remote to allow it to go to deep standby with one press, check/unplug other rooms. By the time you get back box will be in deep standby.

Tapatalker

Larry-G
14-08-13, 16:06
Last thing before sleep always plug off everything. It may take a very long time to change this habit:)

I strongly suggest you do change that habit or at least power the receiver down fully before pulling the plug as you would a computer, failure to do so can and will eventually lead to serious hardware related faults.

pooface
14-08-13, 16:11

Why do people bother with this?! So you turn your microwave, oven, radios, internet connection, and anything else that "you don't use at night" off at the plug? I'd guess unlikely. But with the box on deep standby, it uses less than 1 watt. This means, that it costs less than £1 a year to run... plus, you can set timers tip run at night and get the box to record then for you out of deep standby...

girginoz
14-08-13, 17:42
I strongly suggest you do change that habit or at least power the receiver down fully before pulling the plug as you would a computer, failure to do so can and will eventually lead to serious hardware related faults.

That i can do and fall in sound sleep:thumbsup: