PDA

View Full Version : Getting my box to stream externally

finko1672
13-08-13, 18:28
Hi I,m trying to set up my Technomate 2T OE to stream externally and i set up my Inadyn Vix as in the Tutorial which was all going well,but when i go to my "show logs" theres nothing showing there.Everything esle seems to be set up.Im using my airport extreme router and not sure if I've set that up correctly on my forwarding ports.Could this be my issue? I have my box streaming on my own network fine.Im still very new to all this, any help would be grateful?:)

Jigsy99
13-08-13, 19:13
On my TM2T I have no logs either. Off the top of my head I forwarded port 8001 on my router and make sure it's the same port in the webif plugin. Also what app are you using to view the stream?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

finko1672
13-08-13, 21:07
Yeah I'm using Dreambox live.It works great around the house.On my router i have Public UDP /TCP ports for which ive put 21 /23 and the Private UDP/TCP ports for which I've put the box default settings as ooo80/08001.Again not sure if these are correct or the right way around.

drx360
13-08-13, 22:13
Yeah I'm using Dreambox live.It works great around the house.On my router i have Public UDP /TCP ports for which ive put 21 /23 and the Private UDP/TCP ports for which I've put the box default settings as ooo80/08001.Again not sure if these are correct or the right way around.

you need to allow 00080 and 08001 in public also.

drx360
13-08-13, 22:15
i did try this setup over wan but it was pretty poor, very blocky and patchy.

Jigsy99
13-08-13, 22:30
I think we need to start from the beginning here. Have you set up a DNS account like No-Ip or something similar ?

finko1672
14-08-13, 07:25
yeah i have a DNS account with username /password.They have a standard ip address that you use.

s1m0nw
14-08-13, 09:01
If you go into my profile and see the thread I made ive got the problem you've got solved at the end of it.

I would copy and paste the link to it but using tapatalk and I havent worked out this program yet.....

Managed to copy and paste what I done to get it working....

My working details are as followed....

Using Asus RT -N66U router with vu+ duo (home network) streaming to 2 samsungs androids (mobile network) (S3 and S4)

On the router I register for DDNS using Asus built in one (there are options for trials with DynDNS and no-ip)

After I got myself DDNS account

I went to Vu+ player app on my mobile and entered all the details:

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.*.*
Dyn.DNS add: ************.asus.com
Port number: 80
User: ********
Pass: ********

No zap unticked
enable transcoding - unticked

enable remote streaming - ticked

Once I had done that I went back on my router configuration page and set up port forwarding....

Using my Vu+ duo ip address I set up port forwarding on the following ports 8001,8088 and 80

Saved them and voila there you have it live streaming outside my home network

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

finko1672
14-08-13, 10:51
Well thanks but this is all still all a bit confusing for me ,im still very new to all this.I really nead someone who has a airport extreme/express to go through the settings with me cos there all labeled different for other routers.I understand the forwarding ports i need to use but just where to put them,UDP/TCP private/public and what else needs to be ticked:)