PDA

View Full Version : I'm so unlucky with Quad!

dragoscevero
13-08-13, 15:58
I'm in pickle again with my Gigablue Quad.

I think it's bricked, and I don't know how to get it back to life. It' second time it happens, also following the normal flashing process, but last time lcd screen was showing something, and after a little trick I was able to flash up image again. This time only red dot... :confused:

I was on Vix 715, I've flashed new bootloader (07-05-2013-cfe-loader from openMips site), at the end of flashing it come back on Vix image menu, but without settings, channels and other stuffs.
I've tried then to flash a fresh new image, but when i turned off, and then on, the rear power button, only red led on front brights.
No way to flash up image.

I've then tried unplugging internal HDD, then removing all cables, also power one, for some minutes.
Then I've plugged only power and HDMI cables, but no way, nothing happens.

Can someone help me with some recover procedure or must I contact gigablue support and send box back to them?

Thanks...

rossi2000
13-08-13, 16:50
how old is the box?

dragoscevero
13-08-13, 17:20
how old is the box?

Is one year old. I've it open in front of me, on the motherboard it carry the print of "birth date", that's 2012.07.02.
I've bought it on ebay in november.

pooface
13-08-13, 19:37
If you have a null modem cable, Connect it up with putty or similar, and read the output as to what's happening. Will hopefully show what the problem is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rossi2000
13-08-13, 19:52
you bought it in nov so its not 1 year old yet.

try the above suggestion, if that doesnt reveal much information then contact the seller you bought it from

if they refuse to help or fob you off to gigablue, just remind them of the sales of goods act.

pooface
13-08-13, 19:59
you bought it in nov so its not 1 year old yet.

try the above suggestion, if that doesnt reveal much information then contact the seller you bought it from

if they refuse to help or fob you off to gigablue, just remind them of the sales of goods act.

Depends if was bought new or second hand off ebay...

Larry-G
13-08-13, 20:13
Depends if was bought new or second hand off ebay...

yes, if the unit was bought second hand the original retailer is under no obligation to honour the warranty no matter how young the receiver is.

rossi2000
13-08-13, 20:57
oh ye i assumed it was bought new.

dragoscevero
13-08-13, 21:30
Sadly it was bought second hand. I also have a copy of the receipt, but I was not the first buyer, that's the reason I didn't contact the seller.
If Gigablue won't take the box in warranty, I'll go pay for the repair, I can't stay with an operative box with missing flash files... :rolleyes:

dragoscevero
14-08-13, 17:03
I've got reply from cs-multimedia who is the assistance site that the gigablue homepage remands to.
They tell me to send Box to Impex-sat Gmbh - Gigablue Service.
I think I'll send it with hope in warranty repair, but ready to pay for get it working again.
I'll let you know how the assistance works.

Larry-G
14-08-13, 17:05
I've got reply from cs-multimedia who is the assistance site that the gigablue homepage remands to.
I think I'll send it with hope in warranty repair, but ready to pay for get it working again.

Please keep us informed on how you get on with this. Thanks.

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 17:36

Does a one year warranty not stand, regardless of owner?

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 18:55
Does a one year warranty not stand, regardless of owner?
No .

Larry-G
14-08-13, 19:05
as rob says once a item has moved from the original buyer to another party, the retailer is no longer obligated to honour the warranty no matter the age of the product, i'm not sure if this affects the manufacturers warranty though.

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 21:26
That's what I mean. Maybe different in the UK. but if the manufacturer gives a warranty, not the shop guarantee (maybe statuary) for one year then they should honour it once proof of purchase is available.

Tapatalker

dragoscevero
14-08-13, 22:15
Same thing I've thinked about.
Seller have no more obligation about iteme re-selled, but manufacturer can't escape off basic warranty, i think.

I've taken iPhone as example, if you buy one of second hand, you will have the same warranty of the first buyer, in 1st year.
In 2nd year only first buyer can ask for assistance to seller (in example phone carrier, if bought from it).

I don't know if that's all or if there are some more details about warranty laws in every nation, but in EU there mustn't be big differences.

I'll be the "beta tester" of this kind of assistance... :rolleyes:

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 23:28
I would be just stating the fact that its less than a year old - further details should not be offered (if not already). Warranty is different to Guarantee which can be different to consumer rights/statutory rights. If your proof of purchase is OK manufacturer should stand over it. Let us know?

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 05:26
You're right.
Normally as buyer you have a deal with the seller; he's the one who is responsible for handling warranty issues (whether he can or can not fall back on the manufacturer is of no importance for the customer).
This seller has no relation with the person who bought the device from the original seller.
But the manufacturer has. European regulations even demand this manufacturer-warranty to be Europe wide.

However: having a right is not the same as getting it. Obviously it will be very difficult if the manufacturer denies his responsibility.

I have only one experience in this area, and that was a good one. In the USA I bought an USA-manufactured device, obviously from a shop in the USA; later I had problems with it of which I told the manufacturer (via E-mail) who referred me to the European importer (in the UK). He dealt with the matter and provided service with no cost for me at all.

Trial
15-08-13, 07:43
Hi Rob,
my opinion and the german law sees it a bit different.

in Germany we have 2 different "warranties". The first is given by law and is 6month without hassle and 2 year over all and the dealer has to deal with it. Thatīs why heīs called dealer?:-) For this warranty it does not matter who bought the goods as long he has the bill. If the dealer is broke shit happens.

The second one is voluntary from the manufacturer and he can dictate the regulations for that warranty. I assume it is a bit similar in all countries.

Most companies limit their own warranty to the first buyer. See Logitech and you see what I mean.

ciao

dragoscevero
10-09-13, 11:13
Hi to all...
I want to report my experience with Gigablue assistance over the problem i told you in this topic.

I've sent the box to Gigablue (cs-multimedia to be exact) as they told me, on september 3.
I've got an email with the shipment back start on september 5.
I've got box back on my hands on september 9 (only due to slow local shipment and weekend between), fully working back and with openpli image flashed up.

I can only give many big thanks to Gigablue assistance service, for their speed and efficience.

To complete information about my situation, I told them that I bought box by second hand over ebay (and that I had openvix image installed first than the damage), and I've put copy of the invoice inside the package (I'm inside first year warranty).
They didn't ask anything more, only repaired and sent it back the day next the one they received box. :eek:

Hope this experience will be useful for other users in trouble!

Rob van der Does
10-09-13, 11:20
Good to hear that real service still exits!

Hibernian56
22-11-13, 20:05
That good news story just convinced me to buy this box.

It's great to hear a manufacturer standing over their product like this. WELL DONE GIGABLUE

[ I know that was technically shouting, but in a good way ;) ]

Louis40
23-11-13, 07:21
To dragoscesvero
Good for you.. Did they tell you what was the problem? it's just to know so that i would avoid doing any false move on my quad..:thumbsup:

irfoza
23-11-13, 12:46
Didn't know that opepli made image for the quad ?

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk2

Rob van der Does
23-11-13, 12:51
Didn't know that opepli made image for the quad?
They don't.

skippie
23-11-13, 13:09
I used openpli before with my dreambox but since I bought the Quad I'm using Openvix and I can tell it's at least as good.
Top of the bill-image.

sent from ONDA V972