PDA

View Full Version : LCD screen blanks when entering Timeshift

Clabs
13-08-13, 12:35
I have noticed that as soon as you start to rewind into Timeshift, the LCD screen becomes blank and the only way I have found to get it going again is to restart Enigma.

I am currently on build 719 but having restored back to a few previous verions, it looks like the problem may have always existed. Timeshift is being saved to an internal HD by the way.

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Rob van der Does
13-08-13, 13:46
No, I can't (and I really did my best).
Here the LCD remains displaying the info it displayed during live-TV.

And if it occurs: try if 'Restart Displays' fixes it (instead of rebooting).

Clabs
13-08-13, 16:42
No, I can't (and I really did my best).
Here the LCD remains displaying the info it displayed during live-TV.

And if it occurs: try if 'Restart Displays' fixes it (instead of rebooting).

Thanks for the reply, Rob.

I did a bit more testing to try and narrow down what I am doing when the screen blanks. It does seem fine for example if you rewind into timeshift at only 2x speed, and sometimes 4x, but 8x and above does blank the screen for me. The same thing also happens when I fast forward at those faster speeds. Actually, I did just try it again and this time it worked fine fast forwarding at higher speeds but the screen blanked as soon as timeshift caught up with the live programme.

'Restart Display' does not work for me and only a restart of enigma gets it working again.

If you could try FFW/REW at those faster speeds for me to see if you can replicate would be appreciated. If you still cannot replicate it, i will try a fresh reflash with no settings restored.

Rob van der Does
13-08-13, 18:14
Yes, you're right: I can reproduce it now.
I filed a bug report. Thanks for reporting!

Clabs
13-08-13, 19:57
Thanks Rob for confirming it does seem to be a bug and of course for filing it!

Rob van der Does
15-09-13, 10:27
On the first page of the L4L-settings you can disable 'Double-button switches', which seems to do the trick (thanks Ralf for finding that).

Trial
15-09-13, 10:32
Hi,
there are other trick keys in the plugin:

- pressing FR twice switches on/off the display
- pressing FF twice switches to the next screen of L4L

Keys must be pressed within 2 seconds.

ciao