PDA

View Full Version : HDMI-CEC duo2

iko
13-08-13, 11:58
Hi All

Im not very happy with duo2 IR receiver wish to use my TV remote like I do on Raspberry pi is it possible to control my duo2 with tv remote?
Tv model ;Panasonic GT50

I already tried the plugin pressed Connect nothing happening...

Thanx in advance for any help and advice...

Rob van der Does
13-08-13, 13:59
Im not very happy with duo2 IR receiver wish to use my TV remote like I do on Raspberry pi is it possible to control my duo2 with tv remote?
Tv model ;Panasonic GT50
Not sure: is the R/C programmable?
Does it have all buttons you would need for commanding the box?

I already tried the plugin pressed Connect nothing happening...
I've never heard of that plugin; what's it supposed to do?

Did you upgrade the frontpanel? The upgrade enhances the sensitivity of the IR-receiver.

But I really would advise you to use a real R/C; see my signature for some ideas.

iko
13-08-13, 14:35
All up to date :)
We have a tiny glass table in between sofa and receiver almost IR receiver level that probably cause a trouble, Dm8000 was ok with that setup but duo2 doesnt like it :)
maybe the distance causing trouble (around 4mtr)...
Hdmi-CEC plugin probably not compatible with Panasonic Tv ,I read something like that on BH forums ... I use TV remote for my XBMC (rP) without any problem...
Thanx anyway

Rob van der Does
13-08-13, 14:50
My Harmony's operate the DUO2 fine (also behind a smoke coloured screen); their IR-transmitter is far more powerful.

iko
13-08-13, 15:43
I sent my Harmony to the buyer of Dm8000 hence the original was destroyed over the time :) Now its time to buy a new harmony ;)

iko
13-08-13, 16:06
Rob U R a lifesaver :D
Tried my old old Harmony remote works 10x better than original remote :) wow :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: