PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Empty deleted items

steve1978
12-08-13, 23:30
Hi, we have a 1 bt drive that my wife has filled! I got her to delete about 500 gb but they have all gone in to the deleted folder, drive still shows 0% free space.

Is there a quick way to purge the deleted folder items?

judge
12-08-13, 23:33
What image & build are you using?
If using ViX, the trashcan should be enabled by default after the first time you delete something.
Just highlight that & press red to permanently delete.
Give it a a few minutes as that's a lot to delete.

Larry-G
13-08-13, 00:12
Menu> Setup> System> Recording settings>

from here you can either remove the trash can altogether or set a new default time limit for it to clear deleted items etc.

steve1978
14-08-13, 09:46
Hi,

Version 3
Build 668
Kernal 3.1.1

Items have been set as per pic 1 but trashcan is still there and has hundreds of gigs in it.

Can I run a command line to just empty it rather than going through each item?

Larry-G
14-08-13, 09:48
have you rebooted the box since making the changes ?. it may be a case of you having to clear the existing trashcan first although i'm not sure on that.

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 17:50
The trashcan is being polled on the start of a recording.

Stanman
14-08-13, 17:53
Set the size reserved for recordings in the menu Phoenix pointed you to you the max size for your HDD and they will be deleted from the trash can

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 18:51
Set the size reserved for recordings in the menu Phoenix pointed you to you the max size for your HDD and they will be deleted from the trash can
.... as soon as a recording starts that is.

andyblac
15-08-13, 09:20
Hi,

Version 3
Build 668
Kernal 3.1.1

Items have been set as per pic 1 but trashcan is still there and has hundreds of gigs in it.

Can I run a command line to just empty it rather than going through each item?

you have reserved space set to 40Gb, so the trash will not start emptying until you free space hits 40gb, (the days is to only remove item that have been in trash for that number of days) hope that makes things clearer.

Stanman
15-08-13, 17:55
.... as soon as a recording starts that is.

Nope, have mine set to more or less the size if the HDD and recordings done fine and trash can deleted within minutes of deletjng. From recording list.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4