PDA

View Full Version : weird recording problem

evesham
12-08-13, 14:00
Hi guys, using various versions of vix from 3.678 to the latest I'm having a weird problem on certain recordings, always on Premier Sports and Setanta.(Using Oscam & CCcam)

I set a timer from the EPG or press instant record and then press green to edit the timer and extend the end time 15 minutes or so.

I either leave the box in standby or switch to a different channel and the on screen record message appears and the red recording light appears in the LCD.

Like this morning I switched over to another channel, went into my recordings screen and the icon was red for record but the time had stopped on 42 seconds.

Its happened about 5 times over the last few months and I always have to go into recordings to check if the damn thing is still running. So all signs tell me its recording but the only way to double check is to see if the recording length time changes every few seconds in the media player...annoying!!

All other timed/instant recordings work flawlessly.

any suggestions what the problem could be?
thanks for any help

Larry-G
12-08-13, 14:05
Try to get some debug logs from the times when things go wrong, thats the only way were going to be able to look into it.

evesham
12-08-13, 14:12
hi phoenix, i thought you only got debug logs when the Duo crashes?

Debug logs have always been enabled but I have none from this morning only yesterday

Larry-G
12-08-13, 15:51
Debug logs are constantly written to where ever you set them to when enabled ( you have to restart the box once after activating debug logs ), crash logs are the ones that are only generated when the box crashes.

evesham
13-08-13, 19:58
hi phoenix, debug logs have always been enabled and looking at them there is no log for Monday morning.

Interestingly last night I watched a 1080p mkv from an external drive, which kept stuttering as if the box was low on memory, but again there were no debug logs.
Would the cache flush plugin help this in future?

thanks

Larry-G
13-08-13, 20:02
hi phoenix, debug logs have always been enabled and looking at them there is no log for Monday morning.

Interestingly last night I watched a 1080p mkv from an external drive, which kept stuttering as if the box was low on memory, but again there were no debug logs.
Would the cache flush plugin help this in future?

thanks

as your using a Duo then yes i would recommend cache flush and maybe even a swap file ( note this is only recommended for the Duo, I do not recommend cache flush for use with any other receiver ).

evesham
17-08-13, 18:22
thanks phoenix, will give it a try over the weekend

evesham
22-08-13, 14:19
update on my 1080p playback problem...

Since installing Cache Flush and a Swap file my test 1080p mkv that would not play since version 3.678 now works flawlessly on the latest version.
looks like your advice did the trick phoenix, thanks very much :thumbsup: