PDA

View Full Version : Recording clarification on Venton

ptl141
11-08-13, 21:53
How many channels can you record whilst you're watching another on one LNB/feed?

judge
11-08-13, 22:02
As many as are on the same transponder.
If using ViX, start a recording, press up for channel list, green for satellites, then pick current transponder. All in that list should be recordable/watchable.

ptl141
11-08-13, 22:14
Thanks for clarifying the above relating to transponders. Would I be able to record 2 programmes on 2 different transponders & watch another or would it involve using the 2nd tuner? Sorry for the confusion. My mind is saying "get a TM-2T" but this box may just swing it for me.

judge
11-08-13, 22:29
Not on a single feed, no.
If you want multiple recording options, the more tuners & feeds the better.

Larry-G
11-08-13, 23:21
The venton hd2 has two tuner slots so you can add a second plug and play tuner.

ptl141
12-08-13, 09:02
I'm thinking of buying this one which has 2x DVB-S/S2 satellite tuners supplied: http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Venton-Unibox-Linux-HD/Venton-Unibox-HD2-twin-tuner-satellite-dvb-s-s2

(1). Would this be OK to watch one channel & record another?
(2). Would this involve having 2 separate wires from the LNB going into the tuners or could I have one wire from the LNB & connect a 3 way signal spiltter? Going to use it only on 28.2e.

Trial
12-08-13, 09:09
Hi,
1. yes
2. maybe

On sat the signals are split into 4 parts:
horizontal/high, horizontal/low, vertical/high, vertical/low. As long as you only want to watch/record from one of this part at the same time you can live with one cable but make sure that you splitter has a DC barrier. If your favorite channels are in different parts you need two separate cable from at least a twin LNB.

ciao

ptl141
12-08-13, 10:08
I'll tell you what my plan/TV setup is so you can give me a rough idea whether I'm right/wrong/needs changing (hopefully moving house in the next 8-10 weeks):

- Samsung 32" HD LED Smart TV
- Venton HD2 with x2 DVB-S/S2 satellite tuners supplied (unless Technomate sort out their driver problem out on the TM-2T)
- Going to get Aerial fitted
- Already have dish fitted but going to change from a single to quad LNB (including changing wiring) where 2 wires from the LNB will go through each tuner - Will this be OK for "watch & record" purposes?
- Also why does each tuner have 2 LNB connections (apologies if stupid question)?

Larry-G
12-08-13, 10:21
I'll tell you what my plan/TV setup is so you can give me a rough idea whether I'm right/wrong/needs changing (hopefully moving house in the next 8-10 weeks):

- Samsung 32" HD LED Smart TV
- Venton HD2 with x2 DVB-S/S2 satellite tuners supplied (unless Technomate sort out their driver problem out on the TM-2T)
- Going to get Aerial fitted
- Already have dish fitted but going to change from a single to quad LNB (including changing wiring) where 2 wires from the LNB will go through each tuner - Will this be OK for "watch & record" purposes?
- Also why does each tuner have 2 LNB connections (apologies if stupid question)?

you will need two feeds from the lnb for such a setup, 1 feed to each tuner card not two feeds.

Trial
12-08-13, 10:22
Hi,
1. yes
2. one is LNB in and second is normally LNB out for looping.

ciao

ptl141
18-08-13, 10:16
Thanks guys. So if I was was to give 2 options of either buying the TM-2T or Venton Unibox HD2 which one would you go for?

Rob van der Does
18-08-13, 10:56
Certainly the Venton.
The TM's have far too many driver problems lately; the Venton's seem to be fine (and if there are problems they seem to be fixed very fast).