PDA

View Full Version : New Drivers 9-8-2013

Darrellr
11-08-13, 15:25
FIXED - Switch off HDMI/Video-OUT completely in Standby (aktiviertes PIP oder z.B. Mute-Symbol wird nicht mehr im Standby ausgegeben)
FIXED - Softcam (Scam)
FIXED - PIP
FIXED - High CPU bei IPTV
IMPROVED - Zapping

Driver download here:

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-quad-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-20130809.zip

pooface
11-08-13, 17:32
When posting URLs, please remember to code the links, as stated in the rules...

Darrellr
11-08-13, 22:53
When posting URLs, please remember to code the links, as stated in the rules...

Oh drat, sorry.

rossi2000
11-08-13, 23:36
some more drivers popped up today

BubbleBalls
12-08-13, 02:20
And already added!

Tapatalker

dwarf
12-08-13, 09:39
Is there a changelog for these drivers? :thumbsup:

dragoscevero
13-08-13, 08:17
On Gigablue support forum there's an announcement that tells next week will be released new drivers with massive update for Quad, with a big changelog.
Do you think that is this referred to 11-8-2013 drivers, or are there new ones coming out soon?

rossi2000
13-08-13, 12:38
more new drivers popped up:-

BubbleBalls
13-08-13, 13:12
Duo2 gets released and we get flooded with new drivers? WTF?

Edit. Not quite flooded but ye know what I mean.
Tapatalker

rossi2000
13-08-13, 16:53
another set today

will be in vix after build 719.

rossi2000
13-08-13, 16:54
Duo2 gets released and we get flooded with new drivers? WTF?

Edit. Not quite flooded but ye know what I mean.
Tapatalker

dont complain!! hahah
at least lately there actively doing something.

BubbleBalls
13-08-13, 18:54
dont complain!! hahah
at least lately there actively doing something.

No complaints and I've lived very happily with the few niggles it has had since I bought it. Great box.

Tapatalker

dfdream
13-08-13, 21:19
Lads any list of what the updates today and yesterday are. (Bugs fixes or updates)

BubbleBalls what are the niggles....

No complaints and I've lived very happily with the few niggles it has had since I bought it. Great box.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
13-08-13, 22:35
Lads any list of what the updates today and yesterday are. (Bugs fixes or updates)

BubbleBalls what are the niggles....

Niggles I had - most sorted now. Initially there were juddery playback on some media files/no sound after exiting recordings/PIP unwatchable on HD/GBlan/(edit) High CPU usage/think I remember something about aspect ratio/no streaming sound if 5.1 is default.

There may have been more as they did push this box to market a little too soon (and I didn't buy at release) but in fairness they have slowly pulled the issues out of the box. Things that affect me now are gblan (more of a nice to have as I don't really need it) and having to enable down mix if I stream to it (airplayer for example) I have been delighted with this box, even though it was slow for issue resolve.

Though I may be paranoid - but I think three people have reported frozen Quads in the last week on this site? The cause is not known but three in a week sounds iffy.

Maybe I am being paranoid - I've had a great experience with this kit.

Tapatalker

dwarf
13-08-13, 23:45
I noticed with the 9.08.13 drivers the downmix no longer needs to be changed to yes to get the sound on streaming video files.

Also when the box comes out of standby the sound works and doesn't need you to flick up a channel to get it back.

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 00:50
I noticed with the 9.08.13 drivers the downmix no longer needs to be changed to yes to get the sound on streaming video files.

Also when the box comes out of standby the sound works and doesn't need you to flick up a channel to get it back.

Streaming from Duo to Quad works with either option on down-mix. Airplayer does not, maybe the plugin issue?

I've never had an issue out of standby though.

Tapatalker

dfdream
14-08-13, 09:02
My basic requirements from Quad are

3 sat tuners and 1 DVB-t tuner to do lots of recording (HD primarily)
To be able to play video or photos or music from my S4 or Galaxy note 10.1
To use remote stream convert on quad to other boxes that don't have same satellites available.
To stream channels internally on LAN.
To stream / transcode to WAN. (not highest priority).
Record from Deep standby.
Play as many video file formats as possible.
Proper PIP would be nice..
Would look at gigabit LAN too for copying off and on the box..

I assume all of the above are possible ???

Niggles I had - most sorted now. Initially there were juddery playback on some media files/no sound after exiting recordings/PIP unwatchable on HD/GBlan/(edit) High CPU usage/think I remember something about aspect ratio/no streaming sound if 5.1 is default.

There may have been more as they did push this box to market a little too soon (and I didn't buy at release) but in fairness they have slowly pulled the issues out of the box. Things that affect me now are gblan (more of a nice to have as I don't really need it) and having to enable down mix if I stream to it (airplayer for example) I have been delighted with this box, even though it was slow for issue resolve.

Though I may be paranoid - but I think three people have reported frozen Quads in the last week on this site? The cause is not known but three in a week sounds iffy.

Maybe I am being paranoid - I've had a great experience with this kit.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 12:48
Hi,
Never had any issue with multiple recordings - sx2 and tx1.
iPhone to stream music and video to Quad - no issues. Not tried photos.
RSC - works
Streaming over LAN is flawless. HD included.
I have not streamed outside LAN so can't feedback.
Rec from deep SB - no issues.
Playing video files - I mainly use MKV contained files with no issues. Have used others but can't remember what type.
PIP now works great on HD.

Tapatalker

dfdream
14-08-13, 14:11
BubbleBalls thanks a million for the reply.
Glad to see that most of the bases are covered.
Only thing is if Android handsets work for this feature "iPhone to stream music and video to Quad - no issues"

Hi,
Never had any issue with multiple recordings - sx2 and tx1.
iPhone to stream music and video to Quad - no issues. Not tried photos.
RSC - works
Streaming over LAN is flawless. HD included.
I have not streamed outside LAN so can't feedback.
Rec from deep SB - no issues.
Playing video files - I mainly use MKV contained files with no issues. Have used others but can't remember what type.
PIP now works great on HD.

Tapatalker

BubbleBalls
14-08-13, 14:14
BubbleBalls thanks a million for the reply.
Glad to see that most of the bases are covered.
Only thing is if Android handsets work for this feature "iPhone to stream music and video to Quad - no issues"

Don't see why not - enigma2 to android on other boxes work. I can't check for you either unless a mate or family drop in tonight.

I might actually try streaming via 3G (if at all possible!!!!) later, if I have a chance.

Tapatalker

dfdream
14-08-13, 14:44
I mean streaming from phone (Android Galaxy s4) to QUAD (like airplay or allshare cast).

Thanks...

Don't see why not - enigma2 to android on other boxes work. I can't check for you either unless a mate or family drop in tonight.

I might actually try streaming via 3G (if at all possible!!!!) later, if I have a chance.

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
14-08-13, 15:25
What app would you using on yourS4 to do this dfd. ??

dwarf
14-08-13, 15:44
Probably something like doubletwist which allows you to emulate airplay on android devices.

dfdream
14-08-13, 16:18
Something like air player maybe (but for android)

What app would you using on yourS4 to do this dfd. ??

rossi2000
23-08-13, 20:17
more drivers

Darrellr
24-08-13, 09:41
more drivers

Changelog is simple:

- AVI frame rate fix
- 42E radio fix

rossi2000
24-08-13, 13:07
Changelog is simple:

- AVI frame rate fix
- 42E radio fix

i think thats the changelog for the SOLO/SE/UE

the changelog for the quad is

- first test avi fix

Darrellr
29-08-13, 01:22
... and again

http://archiv.openmips.com/quad%2022.08.2013.zip

Funchalinho
31-08-13, 20:07
Sorry, Nooby question: how do go about installing these new drivers?
I have the gigablue-quad-drivers-3.5.1-20130308 and I'd like to install it but don't know how.
Thanks.