PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Canīt get my picons to show in EPG

perkins
10-08-13, 13:20
Hello and Iīm sorry if this is too noob question, but I need some help to understand the setup of picons. :confused:

I got usb-memorystick connected and the epg saves the channel information onto it so it seems to be working well. I have saved my picons to "/media/usb/picon" folder and the filenames are according the service name. F.ex channel name is "Yle TV1" the filename is "Yle TV1.png". Resolution of the pngīs is 70x53.

Fore some reason none of the picons shows up in my epg (or channel list). So seems that Iīm missing something relative in this setup.

From the crossepg settings I changed the "Service title mode" so that is should show the picon if available. I have also booted the receiver many times. Also tried to copy the picon folder by ftp and straight from the PC.

I got a feeling that for some reason it doesnīt link the channels and the picons. But I donīt understand what should I do to link them. If somebody have more experience from those and would be willing to give me some advices, I would be very greatful.

Thank you. :)

Stanman
10-08-13, 13:46
Its not channel names you need to name them mate, its channel ref like this

1_0_19_C5E4_967_2_11A0000_0_0_0

Clabs
10-08-13, 13:47
What picon pack are you using? The filenames for the picons are based on the service reference and NOT the service name and will look something like:

1_0_1_197A_7D6_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

You can either download a picon pack from the feeds or from the picon sub forum.

perkins
10-08-13, 15:15
Itīs alive! :)

I knew that there was something wrong in my basic thinking. I got those channel refs using the dreamboxEdit. Renamed the files and they started to show in the epg. I probably have to do some tuning with the icon layouts, but I got them to work.

Just bought the Vu+Duo2 receiver with 2xDVB-C receivers. Few years ago I had Topfield DVB-C receiver and did a little bit same kind of tuning (with TAP softwares), but looks like my skills are a little bit rusty.

Iīm thinking that those picon packages doesnīt have Finnish TV icons so I thought I have to manually add them.

Thanks guys for your help!