PDA

View Full Version : Is multiboot possible with vu+ duo?

runmo
16-10-10, 10:19
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to put different images on vu+ duo to choose from when booting up.
Barry Allen or other?
If yes can someone help with info please? What needs to be installed and how.
I work with latest VTI image and don't have a hard disk yet in my vu+ duo.
Thank you

regards
runmo

SLOTH
16-10-10, 11:23
Hi mate
have been told that it is ...but i have no experince with using it ,sorry
Sloth

satmanbasil
16-10-10, 12:14
Hi mate

Beware of multiboot one of my vu+ died because of it

Meoboot i was using it only worked on early images all seemed well at first but when it failed it locked the box from booting since then i have not bothered using multi boot instead make a backup of your image then play with the image you wish to see, if you dont like it then your able to return to old image without hassle.

regards
satmanbasil

runmo
16-10-10, 12:44
Hi mate

Beware of multiboot one of my vu+ died because of it

Meoboot i was using it only worked on early images all seemed well at first but when it failed it locked the box from booting since then i have not bothered using multi boot instead make a backup of your image then play with the image you wish to see, if you dont like it then your able to return to old image without hassle.

regards
satmanbasil

Hi,

Thank you for the warning, I don't want my vu+ duo to die.

What is the best way to make backup and where will it be stored?
Won't the backup image be deleted if new image is flashed with usb?
For example if my current VTI image would be replaced by VIXteam image

regards
runmo

satmanbasil
17-10-10, 14:00
Hi mate

When i backup i simply have all the data to hand folder with latest settings im using...my CCcam config data from loading new image to up and working with full settings etc it takes me no less than 10 mins but if u read the treads your find how to make a full image backup for your box.

regards
satmanbasil

kegrka
18-10-10, 22:34
hi
been using meoboot since i had my vuduo no probs at all as long as you load the NFI images ,using a usb stick not hdd for this and DE132 in flash, but i do have probs with wireless on meoboot loaded images but they are all happy with LAN , Pli didn't seem to like loading thats the only one I had probs with. I told meoboot to copy all my settings so no resetting up everytime.not tried barry allen so no coment on that.