PDA

View Full Version : tuning tweaking general info ref

JIZZSTER
16-10-10, 09:51
getting there guys .........I decided to tune old school method the settings i had for usals was all over the place giving me weak signals. Decided to manually tune diqsc ,but can fine tune to get say 28.2 at 98% but cant seem to lock this......even the sat pos lock dosnt do this any clues please?

2nd issue while recording on hd how do I stop the recording before the end????? wanted to stop one yesterday pressed "stop" etc etc didnt work .

many thanks

steve

paul362
16-10-10, 10:10
getting there guys .........I decided to tune old school method the settings i had for usals was all over the place giving me weak signals. Decided to manually tune diqsc ,but can fine tune to get say 28.2 at 98% but cant seem to lock this......even the sat pos lock dosnt do this any clues please?

2nd issue while recording on hd how do I stop the recording before the end????? wanted to stop one yesterday pressed "stop" etc etc didnt work .

many thanks

steve

1 : your dish alignment is out ! thats why your Usals is not working.

2 : go to the channel that is recording and press the stop button on the remote .

Maxwell
16-10-10, 10:17

: go to the channel that is recording and press the stop button on the remote.

It doesnt matter what channel you are on or what channel you are recording at the time, just press the record button and select what you want to do from the popup menu.

JIZZSTER
16-10-10, 15:17
My dish is fine i am an installer and its bang on my old reciver was all in perfectly. Do you know how i can manually fix and store a postion and when I go back to the transponder it is still at postotion i have manually tuned at the moment it is reverting back

thanks

JIZZSTER
16-10-10, 17:39
I can get 90% on fine tuning 16e then go back to the chnnel and back at 40% any way i can fix it after fine tuning?

satsatsat
16-10-10, 17:54
got same problem as you...

probem is using advanced with usals moves the dish....usals alone struggles to move dish ....so it seems if you use advanced without usals and then make the saved positon number the same as when you then adjust and lock it ie say for 30w hispasat use 30 as position and lock it it should move and go to the positions that you store and not back to usal position...problem mite then be that it dont move properly

JIZZSTER
17-10-10, 08:35
Wow this a nightmare love the machine but shouldnt be this hard to tune it surely. Satfinder always on 19.2e an defaults to this when i go to postioner and tune go back to finder and shows 19.2 again. In postioner the what is best to locate sat will search only find desired sat or any sat? Like I said above im an installer and prev had a tm6900 my dish motor etc is bang on even 16e was comming in high with no loss between sats. I only want to tune it in. I have VIX image read somewhere the image maybe the problem etc .
Can anone please help me . Massive thanks guys.

jjp2701
17-10-10, 08:43
well m8 i am having probs with signal on mine all of a sudden, my m8 is a installer and he has checked the lnb the dish and the motor, and he said my signal is showing at 89 percent for 28.2e then when i connect my vu+ box on and go to 28.2e i get about 70-75 percent, very weak, and other sats it doesnt pick up some hd channels that i used to get, now i am using vix image too the latest one now i keep thinking my tuner is broke in this box, the box is now starting to put me off vu+ products, my trusty little eagle box upstairs is bouncing with the signal 90s on signal,

JIZZSTER
17-10-10, 09:01
Snap! I know my dish is bang on i have used another reciverr got it on a sat I know at 98% and then checked with my meter which is a professional one. Re plugged in the Vu+ and shows no signal all very strange does not follow logically. Going to try to nail this because i still have faith this is a excellent machine but Im so close to ebaying and getting a tm800 mate got one 70% the price not had any problems was out the box and worked 100%.

jjp2701
17-10-10, 09:54
dont get tm800hd audio is out of sync on some channels, i was gonna get one but changed my mind,wouldnt touch another tm after i had probs with tm600, check to see if when you go to the sat you scanned press ok button and see if the right tuner is showing up, but i changed tuner to eliminate tuner fault, now my signalhas gone from 54 to 75, so changed it back and is the same 74 percent, i think it is the vix image

satsatsat
17-10-10, 12:00
yesterday and this morning i loaded on and tried by flash every image...ie DE VTI and PLI...i have been using VIX for past few weeks and sadly the VIX signal is different to the other images. i am now worried it is the image which would be sad cos i love the VIX image otherwise:mad::(

JIZZSTER
17-10-10, 18:16
getting in say hotbird 98% doing a scan like 2000 channels going to sat and nothing !!

JIZZSTER
25-10-10, 10:45
Guys all sorted now got to grips with tuning manually Diseqc

JIZZSTER
25-10-10, 10:46
oh and forgot thanks to everyone who helped me.