PDA

View Full Version : Another update gone belly up.

dougieduncan
09-08-13, 08:13
Updated to latest build.
I takes about 15 seconds for channel to appear, previous builds sound not synced to lip movement , glitching, stuttering ,tried to reflash through image manager box stuck on booting , now have to reflash with usb which is a pain in the a++e.
Could someone please tell me what's so good about these boxes or what s so good about vix'? I will not be updating anything once I get a stable box , ONCE,

TK4|2|1
09-08-13, 09:07
Have you tried any other image besides VIX?
They are sh!t in comparison, I have tried a few, they lasted 5 minutes before I put VIX back on.
As for your other problems, it's hard to say as I've never had much of an issue with updates on my 2T and the only time I did was due to an out of date plugin I was running.
I would do a fresh flash, without restoring a backup, and keep plugins to the bear minimum.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 09:10
....it's hard to say as I've never had much of an issue with updates on my 2T and the only time I did was due to an out of date plugin I was running.....
[off-topic mode on]
For that you don't have to update the complete image; just de-installing a plugin and installing it again will give you the most recent version.
[off-topic mode off]

TK4|2|1
09-08-13, 09:59
[off-topic mode on]
For that you don't have to update the complete image; just de-installing a plugin and installing it again will give you the most recent version.
[off-topic mode off]

Yes I did, I'm just saying I've never had an update issue that wasn't my own doing.

dougieduncan
09-08-13, 12:36
Have you tried any other image besides VIX?
They are sh!t in comparison, I have tried a few, they lasted 5 minutes before I put VIX back on.
As for your other problems, it's hard to say as I've never had much of an issue with updates on my 2T and the only time I did was due to an out of date plugin I was running.
I would do a fresh flash, without restoring a backup, and keep plugins to the bear minimum.

no I haven't tried anyother image apart from vix , I had the tm2t running perfectly but asked on forums if I should update every time there was an update and was told I should,but got stuttering ,glitching ,voice not in sync every update had some different problem , build 715 was good but it took about 15 seconds to change channels and really annoyed me , so have reflashed back to build 683 everything is going ok just now but definitely no more updates for me until technomate or vix sort it out, thanks for reply