PDA

View Full Version : stable drivers?

drx360
08-08-13, 23:01
Hi guys ive not been on for a while so was just wondering if the driver issues have been sorted out yet regarding HD glitching etc, i have 2-3 installs to do and was going to buy the 2T's as i have one myself but ive not updated mine in weeks so i never actually experienced it myself, i am a bit dubious to put this boxes in peoples homes if the issue is still there can any one confirm?

cheers folks

judge
08-08-13, 23:12
Our current ViX builds contain some serious issues on the supported TM range, we're waiting on driver & kernel updates to test...
You could try a different image such as 4D which I think comes pre-installed on the new boxes these days?
However, using that myself to do a few tests & the drivers have some similar issues to what we have.
It's still a waiting game for us unfortunately.

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:16
Our current ViX builds contain some serious issues on the supported TM range, we're waiting on driver & kernel updates to test...
You could try a different image such as 4D which I think comes pre-installed on the new boxes these days?
However, using that myself to do a few tests & the drivers have some similar issues to what we have.
It's still a waiting game for us unfortunately.

ill just rephrase that.

our current ViX images have some serious issues WITH THE SUPPLIED KERNEL AND DRIVERS FROM TM. rite now were waiting for them to supply us with a new kernel and drivers that will " hopefully" fix these issues.

drx360
08-08-13, 23:20
ah thanks for the heads up guys, any e.t.a from technomate?
dont know if this has been asked before or not, with the latest builds can the drivers be overwritten by older versions?

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:21
ah thanks for the heads up guys, any e.t.a from technomate?
dont know if this has been asked before or not, with the latest builds can the drivers be overwritten by older versions?

expected any day but no firm guarantees if they will do as promised or if they wont break any thing else in the meantime.

judge
08-08-13, 23:24
No ETA really, hopefully any day now but before the end of the month, then some time to test & see if anything else is broken with any new fixes.
You can roll back to some drivers depending on kernel used, but TBH all have their own issues.

drx360
08-08-13, 23:27
shame because its a cracking box, just not sure i want to install them at present until technomate sort all that out, guess il have to look at an alternative.

cheers guys

judge
08-08-13, 23:29
You could also install the boxes with the image version you are using if you are happy with that.
Your customers might spot some issues that you haven't though, so it's really down to how you feel about callbacks if they do.

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:32
shame because its a cracking box,

I could not agree more, and when TM do sort these driver issues it will be a truly fantastic box, but time is ticking and the longer it takes to fix the more potential for customers to vote with their wallets on something else.

drx360
08-08-13, 23:38
You could also install the boxes with the image version you are using if you are happy with that.
Your customers might spot some issues that you haven't though, so it's really down to how you feel about callbacks if they do.

Ah yes i never thought of that, i guess il have to speak to the sponsor and see what kernel/drivers are on the new boxes, hopefully they may have old drivers/kernels on them if thats the case id be good to go? tbh judge the peeps i am installing for are not techy minded so i dont think they would tinker with them, the build i use (679) seems pretty solid hence why i never felt the need to update

drx360
08-08-13, 23:40
I could not agree more, and when TM do sort these driver issues it will be a truly fantastic box, but time is ticking and the longer it takes to fix the more potential for customers to vote with their wallets on something else.

roughly how long has there been issues with the drivers pheonix, i mean is this a serious long term thing?

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:42
on and off since about march or even earlier if i recall correctly, dont get me wrong i'm not bad mouthing TM but these are issues that must be resolved by TM and thats the catch 22 rite there.

drx360
08-08-13, 23:44
on and off since about march or even earlier if i recall correctly, dont get me wrong i'm not bad mouthing TM but these are issues that must be resolved by TM and thats the catch 22 rite there.

sounds like there shooting themselves in the foot, not good for P.R that.

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:48
sounds like there shooting themselves in the foot, not good for P.R that.

your preaching to the choir my friend.

judge
09-08-13, 00:02
The drivers from 697 should be useable on our current build 715 (they may even be the same as current ones, not sure what build we included newest drivers on), so if you're happy with them, maybe worth a try.
Make a backup of /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra/bcmlinuxdvb.ko

Fresh flash build 715 & overwrite the backed up driver if it is different.

As pheonix says, the TM2T is a great box, if only TM could get a kernel/driver combo correct.

roughly how long has there been issues with the drivers pheonix, i mean is this a serious long term thing?

The drivers started flaking out when they finally got various media playback working, since those updates there have been various live TV & recording issues.
The current drivers are a bit better on the recording issues, but re-introduce old media play back issues (not as bad though) & live TV sound sync issues.

However, not everyone is experiencing these problems & they seem to happen randomly which makes it harder to fix.

drx360
09-08-13, 00:51
The drivers from 697 should be useable on our current build 715 (they may even be the same as current ones, not sure what build we included newest drivers on), so if you're happy with them, maybe worth a try.
Make a backup of /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra/bcmlinuxdvb.ko

Fresh flash build 715 & overwrite the backed up driver if it is different.

nice one guys thanks for the info :)

As pheonix says, the TM2T is a great box, if only TM could get a kernel/driver combo correct.

The drivers started flaking out when they finally got various media playback working, since those updates there have been various live TV & recording issues.
The current drivers are a bit better on the recording issues, but re-introduce old media play back issues (not as bad though) & live TV sound sync issues.

However, not everyone is experiencing these problems & they seem to happen randomly which makes it harder to fix.

nice one guys thanks for the info :)

willyc
09-08-13, 18:15
I love this box but the new updates seemed to be full of glitches.... so I am using build 684 and everything is working fine for me on this one if that is of any use....

Jigsy99
11-08-13, 21:17
I to have this box and I have to agree when its working right its a blinding box but and after flashing to the newest image I was left with no chose but to revert back to a older image. Just a thought but is there anything us TM users can do to speed this new driver/kernel update through i.e email TM and moan like hell or something along those lines ?

jigsy

judge
11-08-13, 22:12
TM are well aware of the issues, but by all means do feel free to contact them & let them know your expierences.
Unfortunately for us, we're still playing a waiting game.

kanwar
17-08-13, 01:13
I'm currently using VIX image 715 on my 2T. All is well and dandy apart from recording!

What the hell is wrong with TM, ffs!

The recording (I record HD) causes the channels to stutter. I have a 750gb seagate SATA hard drive which runs at 7200rpm. I have formatted it etc but still get the same issues.

Is this a confirmed issue and can anyone help with this, please?

willyc
17-08-13, 07:42
I just upgraded to the latest image and all is fine except that all my recordings are blank. They show the correct playback time and the recording is playing but there is no picture or sound. So I guess its back to 684 image for me...

scottmcroberts
17-08-13, 09:24
I find that my 2t behaves reasonably well when you actually flash it with the new image, the drivers seem to work better that what they do with downloading. I have had only one blank recording in the past three weeks, no stutter whatsoever on HD channels and Lip sync is fixed when a system restart, and this is sorted for a few days at a time.

I am using build 717 (built in driver set) downloaded straight from vix.

This was a complete fresh flash and did not use the wizard to restore settings, this was done manually.

The only other thing I did was to delete crossepg when enigma was stopped using a telnet session.

Box has been pretty stable, all autotimer recordings functioning properly from both the 2t upstairs and downstairs

nipperlocko
19-08-13, 16:19
I don`t want to keep banging on about the fact build 385 from technomate is near perfect with no issues at all to mention, for me if there is nothing wrong with that build then why keep changing it, I do realise they may have to do some changes but on the whole why mess about with it as much as they do, just going on the build count they`ve messed around with it more than 400 times since 385, thats why I have tried using some of the latest but always revert back to 385 for the most stable version that they have offered, rant over :eek: and if anyone wants to try it pm me and I`ll send it you

Larry-G
19-08-13, 16:33
Technomate have nothing at all to do with the ViX builds other than the drivers and kernel they supply us with, if you want to know what each new build provides over the previous read the changelog.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/feeds/3.0/e2-git.log

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/feeds/3.0/oe-git.log

as for you sending images to people, no thanks we have our own repository here.

http://openvix.co.uk/

kanwar
19-08-13, 16:37
This is getting ridiculous. I am trying the 4D image latest one dated 19.07.13 and even that has issues.

I paid over £200 for this bloody box. What a joke.

I think I want to sell this one and use the proceeds and more to get a VU+DUO. Can someone advise me the quickest way to do so? Thanks.

Larry-G
19-08-13, 16:42
you could advertise it in the for sale section on the forum or ebay may be the better option.

Sicilian
19-08-13, 16:52
This is getting ridiculous. I am trying the 4D image latest one dated 19.07.13 and even that has issues.

I paid over £200 for this bloody box. What a joke.

I think I want to sell this one and use the proceeds and more to get a VU+DUO. Can someone advise me the quickest way to do so? Thanks.

Korean driver dev's are in the UK working to fix all outstanding driver issues.

judge
19-08-13, 16:52
The driver developers are activly working on all the issues we've let them know about again, so hopefully soon, we might have decent working drivers.

rinaldi1
19-08-13, 16:59
Please keep us posted on any developments, thanks. I love my 2t oe even though it can be frustrating at times!! :)

rinaldi1
19-08-13, 17:04
I just upgraded to the latest image and all is fine except that all my recordings are blank. They show the correct playback time and the recording is playing but there is no picture or sound. So I guess its back to 684 image for me...

Couldn't see 684 in the download section, so plumped for 683 which seems stable atm.

nipperlocko
19-08-13, 17:10
can you remove post 23 for me as it will no longer let me

kanwar
20-08-13, 01:29
Korean driver dev's are in the UK working to fix all outstanding driver issues.

Thank you for this informative post (and thank you too, judge). I hope this can be fixed soon. I really can't afford to fork out the extra £100 (assuming I can sell my 2T for about £150) for the VU+DUO.

Grrrrr.