PDA

View Full Version : Problems with internal hdd

kendo75
08-08-13, 00:00
hi guys got a major problem with internal hdd,box froze this morning and the only way was to power off with rocker switch,everything seemed ok until i pressed list to watch a recording,hdd spins up when box boots but it does not show in information devices or in mount manager,ive updated to build 715 but hdd still is not shown anywhere any ideas??????

Larry-G
08-08-13, 00:03
Do you have TSpanel installed by any chance ?, if yes or no for that matter it may be best to just reflash the receiver fresh and setup again, providing you dont reinitialize the HDD you wont loose whats on it.

judge
08-08-13, 00:06
Can you open the box & make sure the connections are made/inserted properly?
Using a TMTwin here with internal HDD on build 715 & no issues with it.

kendo75
08-08-13, 00:15
No tspanel installed did fresh reflash and setup tonight. Haven't opened box to check connections but you can hear hdd spin up when you boot box,I know it's nothing to do with installed image,I think something happened when I powered off via switch at rear but I would of thought flashing with new image may of cured it

judge
08-08-13, 00:32
A fresh flash with no settings restore should cure any previous TSPanel issues.
If no HDD is showing up in mount manager, I'd open the box & refix connections.

kendo75
08-08-13, 00:42
Guess opening box is the next step. But that can wait till tomorrow. My bed is calling

kendo75
08-08-13, 21:04
Opened box unplugged connections and plugged back in. Still not showing. Any other ideas lads ?

kendo75
09-08-13, 11:31
Dead hdd!!!!! Plugged into pc and not recognized,but yet it spins up.

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 11:46
Dead hdd!!!!! Plugged into pc and not recognized,but yet it spins up.
A Windows PC? Nothing strange then, as the HDD will have an Ext3 or 4 format.

kendo75
09-08-13, 16:21
So it may not be a dead drive? Pc won't pick it up nor will sat box,any other way of testing it?

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 16:33
So it may not be a dead drive?
Well, I can't say that for sure.

I think best way would be to flash your box with the HDD connected, and see how you go from there. Don't use any restore in this case.

kendo75
09-08-13, 16:40
I've already tried that and it's still not recognised in mount manager. I've just tried linux reader for windows and it still won't pick it up,so I've come to the conclusion that hdd is dead,although I did notice my sat box took a while to boot after hdd started acting up and now I've removed it,it boots quite quickly

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 16:53
That could mean that a diskcheck is being carried out. That can take a considerable time.
And the Ext drivers for Windows are not very reliable, so I wouldn't make any conclusions on that.

You can manually carry out a disk check on the box, but that's not my area (although I did recover an HDD once that way).

kendo75
09-08-13, 18:22
Rob tell me more

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 18:28
You could try the following commands in telnet:

init 4

umount /dev/mtdblock3

e2fsck -v /dev/mtdblock3

mount -o remount,rw /

init 3

Please post the output of the commands.

kendo75
09-08-13, 18:43
Better get on Google and get a quick lesson on telnet

kendo75
12-08-13, 21:56
Definitely a dead hdd. Put new one in tonight and it works perfectly

Maxxxin
17-09-13, 14:23
when you plugged it into your PC, does the BIOS recognize it, if it does, it could be that the harddrive has not been partitioned yet which windows will not recognize until this is done. if it is a windows PC, right click on 'My Computer' then left click 'Manage', next click on 'Disk Management', locate the drive below, right-click on it and partition it. Without a partition neither windows nor your box will recognize it. If this does not work, refer to previous posts that your HDD is probably KAPUT!!!