PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Opera won't start

Peterj
07-08-13, 19:08
Hi,
I cannot start the opera browser.
In File start/stop I get 1 option, Start. Hit OK, but nothing is happening.
Therefor HBBtv is not working either. (Browser not active).

VIX 3.0.715.

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 20:40
We are looking into this problem. Thanks for reporting.

Peterj
14-08-13, 10:32
Opera is fixed now with the latest build.:thumbsup:
HBBtv is still a problem. When I start it (first it is necessary to start Opera ??!!), it looks like it is doing something in the background, LCD display is showing some kind of progress bar, but noting on the screen. Need to press EXIT to get LCD display normal.

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 11:09
It is not needed to start Opera browser first. When on a channel that supports HbbTV long-red will activate HbbTV (allow the box a few seconds to accomplish that). What happens then is up to the channel; on most channels short-red is required to actually open the HbbTV screen.

What the LCD-screen shows is dependant on your L4L-configuration, and has nothing to do with the HbbTV-functionality itself.

On what channel are you trying to open HbbTV? If you still experience problems, please activate debuglogs, reboot the box, retry HbbTV and upload the log.

Peterj
15-08-13, 20:33
HBBtv is working on Ned1HD,Ned2HD and Ned3HD. To handle it, is a bit different then on the tv. First press red to activate HBBtv (it shows in the lcd display). Then the red sign appears on the screen. Press again red and you get the menu's of HBBtv. Press red to end the menu and press Exit to end HBBtv app.
On the SBSHD channels the red sign does not appear in the screen when you first press red. After a minute waiting I pressed Exit to leave the HBBtv app.
In the logfile I first started the Duo2, tested on SBS6HD and afterwards with NED3HD.
And yes, we have have HBBtv on the cable :p. On my Samsung smartTV it is working OK.

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 02:31
1- HbbTV is activated by long-red or short-blue --> HbbTV applications --> pick your choice.
Once done HbbTV can be opened via short-red.
2- You don't tell us which build you're on; please make sure you're on 720
3- SBS doesn't support HbbTV (nor does RTL). The signal that is being sent via thoes vhannels is from the NPO (so the same as on Ned1,2,3).
4- From your log I can only read that HbbTV seems to be working fine.
5- I can't replicate your issue. But I'm on satellite, not on the Veendam-cable. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Peterj
16-08-13, 07:21
Rob,
SBS Broadcast do have its own HBBtv. Perhaps the rest of Holland does not have it, but we do.:)
I use build 720.
In the log you can see the request to SBS. However the responces to this requests are different. Perhaps that is the problem.

http://hbbtv.distributie.publiekeomroep.nl/nuop3/index/app/hbbtv_dvb
http://hbbsbs.24imedia.tv/sbs6.php

But, no big deal, it is not important to me. I will use the TV.
I only reported it for debugging.
thx.

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 07:35
Ahh, just seen
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2012/02/07/sbs-to-launch-hbbtv-in-the-netherlands/
Sorry, but I'm not able to help here (I would have to move to Veendam for that).

Peterj
16-08-13, 07:46
I can give you a HD stream.
LOL.
Unfortunately my internet connection is slowing down somewhere at Nikhef.

BTW, I cannot upload a (that) picture as a signature.

andyblac
16-08-13, 13:19
I can give you a HD stream.
LOL.
Unfortunately my internet connection is slowing down somewhere at Nikhef.

BTW, I cannot upload a (that) picture as a signature.

use the url of the image from speed net