PDA

View Full Version : All settings have changed

Hannaman
07-08-13, 15:32
Hi guys I just update to latest vix build and my box has changes completely as in skin and a lot of plugins don't work anymore I've tried restoring a previous build but no joy has anyone else got this problem after latest update?

Larry-G
07-08-13, 15:46
Hi guys I just update to latest vix build and my box has changes completely as in skin and a lot of plugins don't work anymore I've tried restoring a previous build but no joy has anyone else got this problem after latest update?

Ideally we need more information such as.

What exact image build did you update from ?.

What exactly plugins are affected and how ?.

Also have you tried a fresh flash without restoring any backups just to see if that resolves things ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hannaman
07-08-13, 15:49
I'm just in the middle of reflashing back to a older build 636 I think. When I update earlier the plugins that where effected wher sat finder fan control and media portal kept crashing my box also the skin setting had changes and boot logo.

Larry-G
07-08-13, 15:55
That's a quite old image now and a lot has changed in the image in the time between then and now.

Hannaman
07-08-13, 16:01
I know but I tried reverting back to an later build but kept failing I really need media portal to work for my kids to watch the cartoons I know you guys have nothing to do with this plugin but it keeps my kids happy. It's actually taking a long time flashing il let you know how I get along when it flashes il update to a later build but not the latest.

Larry-G
07-08-13, 16:03
Unfortunately its not a plugin I use so im not sure what's going on there. But please keep us informed how you get on.

Hannaman
07-08-13, 16:04
I will cheers.

Hannaman
07-08-13, 16:10
It says reflash in progress please wait until your vu+ duo reboots this may take a few minutes but its been like that for 30 mins is this normal?

Larry-G
07-08-13, 16:12
It says reflash in progress please wait until your vu+ duo reboots this may take a few minutes but its been like that for 30 mins is this normal?

How are you flashing the receiver ?. Via USB or the Image manager ?.

Hannaman
07-08-13, 16:14
Via image manager.

Larry-G
07-08-13, 16:20
Via image manager.

Try via a USB stick.

Hannaman
07-08-13, 16:32
when i restarted the box to flash via usb it just started normally really surprised at that i think il be ok from here cheers again.

Larry-G
07-08-13, 16:36
when i restarted the box to flash via usb it just started normally really surprised at that i think il be ok from here cheers again.

No worries, again keep us Informed how you get on.

Thanks.

duoduo
07-08-13, 18:13
The wait time using image manager could be due to the
updating of your picons, alot of frequency changes recently so picons needed to be changed also

Hannaman
07-08-13, 20:15
After reflashing the box everything was gone and I couldn't get it setup they way I'd had it so I restored from back up but could only get to 711 build and the mediaportal plugin still crashes the box but I'm just gonna leave it until there is a fix because its really frustrating trying to get it sorted thanks again guys!