PDA

View Full Version : froze

iceman214
07-08-13, 13:31
hi all my duo2 just froze and i powered it off and back on and now stuck at 99% booting can anyone help me out here?

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 13:45
Well, with a nickname like that you were asking for it :D

Best seems to be to flash your box.
Once up & running again, it might be an idea to activate a swap-file and install the cacheflush plugin.

iceman214
07-08-13, 13:57
yeah im reflashing now and how do i activate swap file and what do swap file and cacheflush plugin do

yeah i think froze may not have been best choice of words lol

thanks for the help

zoro25
07-08-13, 20:34
I also have the same problem. (and I did have an activated swap file - at least for HDD not sure if you can do one for Enigma separately).

I went to work and left my Duo2 in standby and when I came home it was frozen.

I turned it off waited about 30 seconds and then turned it back on again and now also stuck at Booting 99

Looks like an issue with the latest image for DUO2?, Strange that both our boxes crash and freeze on the same day (also both are Duo2's)

I think I'll flash an older image just to be sure.
Also is there anyway I can get a backup done? without doing it all individually (bouquets, plugins etc) - - FTP - Telnet are still working

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 20:39
Well, with a nickname like that you were asking for it :D

Best seems to be to flash your box.
Once up & running again, it might be an idea to activate a swap-file and install the cacheflush plugin.
Sorry, I misread your post; I though tit was about the DUO.
For the DUO2 you should not use a SWAP-file nor the cacheflush plugin.

Sorry about this.

zoro25
07-08-13, 20:57
Ok from looking in FTP there is a plugin called backup manager BackupManager in the VIX folder.

Does anyone know if this can be called and run successfully from Telnet?, or another way to call a backup when you are unable to boot 100% into box?

judge
07-08-13, 21:06
Have you made any recent backups?
What are you actually trying to do?

zoro25
07-08-13, 21:11
I'm trying not to lose my settings, Bouquets, configs and plugins when I flash a new image.

Like the original poster my DUO has frozen and is unable to complete a boot cycle and I'm stuck at 99% (but I have both FTP and Telnet Access)

ronand
07-08-13, 21:47
My Uno stopped on Booting 99% after doing the online update today to 715. I rebooted the receiver through telnet and is working fine since then.

zoro25
07-08-13, 21:58
Thanks for the tip, still stuck at 99% though,

I guess I'll just flash a new image and go through the set up again

ronand
07-08-13, 22:08
A little tip if you haven't done so already - set up your receiver to make a daily backup (menu-setup-vix-backup manager). It means you will have your receiver back up running in 5 mins if it ever needs reflashing.

zoro25
07-08-13, 22:12
Thanks for the Tip.

Once thing I should have mentioned is that I had my Duo2 to automatically grab the latest image I wonder if the OP had the same setup?

iceman214
07-08-13, 22:18
i went to do a reflash and noticed vix had done 2 backups so used 1 of them and it put everything back in place plugins bouquets settings everything and all working good again

zoro25
07-08-13, 22:53
On reflashing , I also noticed that I had set the backups to be done before the installing of the auto image download/install, so before it froze it had luckily done a backup which saved me a couple of hours worth of work.

+1 to the team for the nice backup support built in.

judge
07-08-13, 22:56
yeah, an online backup creates a settings backup by default.
if you are fresh flashing, better to do a backup yourself so you have a recent backup to restore on the first install wizard.

Rob van der Does
08-08-13, 06:00
I had my Duo2 to automatically grab the latest image
How do you do that?

dfdream
09-08-13, 11:41
Lads whats this BOOTING 99 stuff..
My DUOs display goes mad flicking between BOOTING 99 and VU+ DUO while booting.
Something changed ?

BubbleBalls
09-08-13, 12:01
Introduced several builds ago - display shows boot progress from 1 to 100

Tapatalker

dfdream
09-08-13, 12:08
Introduced several builds ago - display shows boot progress from 1 to 100

Tapatalker

Ah OK..

Never saw anything only 99 or 75 when I was re-flashing.