PDA

View Full Version : Can't see sharing folder.

jono069
06-08-13, 20:38
hi everybody had my vu+ duo for about a year now and the streaming from pc to vu has been working ok. However i have just now installed windows 7 pro (had xp pro) and now the vu can't see my sharing folder. When i first setup my sharing i followed Maxwell's " How to " setting up windows network share.I created a new folder on pc and called it vu i shared the folder by clicking properties>sharing>advanced sharing> make sure "share this folder" is checked and click permissions> make sure everybody has full control. Once this was done it left what looks like a mans arm pointing icon on the folder. When i created the new folder on windows 7 i did exactly the same as above but i did not get the arm icon, and the vu dos'nt see the folder. can anybody help please. jono.

josh_g
08-08-13, 16:52
take a look at the 4th post on this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27828-streaming-media-file-of-pc-to-sat-box
:thumbsup:

jono069
08-08-13, 20:11
hi josh-g i tried creating a second folder following them instructions and i still can't see the folder, however in the mount viewer on the vu i can see both folders but the harddrive icons both have red x but both show active with green ticks.