PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish setup

thejoker
06-08-13, 19:20
How do I setup my vu solo to work with my motorised dish. I can ftp catseyes settings ok. Is it just a matter of going into tuner config and changing to mode to positioner and entering my longitute and latitude that I will get from going to dishpointer.com and entering my postcode....

abu baniaz
07-08-13, 01:28
In a nutshell, yes.

thejoker
07-08-13, 21:26
Im still having problems getting this going. On the vu solo I set config mode to simple, mode to positioned. The longitude and latitude details I'm unsure how to enter. Both have three digits each side of the decimal point, ie 123.123

But on dishpointer.com I'm getting 50.2005 for latitude and -6.3542. Bear in mind this is not my exact location but just the general layout.

Why are these values not 3 digits either side of decimal point like on the vu.

There is options for tuning step size and horizontal and vertical turning speed. Should I just leave these as default

abu baniaz
07-08-13, 23:56
Negative values for Longitude are entered as West. (Does not apply to us, but negative values for Latitude are entered as South.) Leave the others as default unless someone advises otherwise.

Rob van der Does
08-08-13, 06:15
If you have no specific info about your motor, just leave the speed values set to default.

Robinson
08-08-13, 08:28
What are the speed values used for anyway?

Rob van der Does
08-08-13, 08:52
So the box 'knows' when the dish should be pointing at the selected satellite.

thejoker
09-08-13, 19:19
No, it's still not working and I know my long and lat are definitely correct. When I changethe channel on the vu the satellite icon flashes in the top left hand corner but nothing clears. The dish does move when I change channel.

My old technomate 500 works fine with it, what ive had to do is, put on a 28.2e channel on the technomate so it's pointing at 28.2e then pull out sat cable and put it in vu

So at least now I have 28.2 working. Anybody know what I can try now.

thejoker
11-08-13, 18:42
What way do I go about putting in the satellites manually, I presume I need details of each satellite, is that info on wos.?

abu baniaz
11-08-13, 20:50
The problem is that the dish is out of alignment. Proper solution is to align it correctly. (Move the whole setup around the pole).

You can cheat and alter your co-ordinates so that USALS works for you. You can use the Diseqc 1.2 Motor controls and store the locations. you don't need any details as far as I know. There was a post about it a few days ago, Pheonix name was mentioned in it.

thejoker
12-08-13, 09:42
I'm under the impression dish is ok as when I plug in the technomate 500 it moves the dish fine with good picture on all sats.

robti
12-08-13, 13:06
are your catseyes for a motorised setup i am using vhanibals and downloaded it from the plugins and all i did was set my tuner up as simple positioner then input the lat\long settings from dishpointer and rebooted

Robert

abu baniaz
12-08-13, 15:37
I'm under the impression dish is ok as when I plug in the technomate 500 it moves the dish fine with good picture on all sats.
Is the 500 using Usals or diseqc motor controls (ie did you have to store the positions)?

thejoker
12-08-13, 17:49
The t500 is using diseqc and is working perfect. I will try vhannibal settings to see if that helps. I am actually used a custom built channel list from my channel provifer

abu baniaz
12-08-13, 18:19
Different channel list wont help.
Options are:
Use USALS and compensate co ordinates.
Use Diseqc motor controls and save positions for each satellite.
Correct alignment.

Larry-G
12-08-13, 18:50
To setup a E2 based receiver for Diseqc use the following.

thejoker
16-08-13, 10:22
Still having trouble with this. Guide is easy enough up til I go to satfinder screen, I'm not sure what to choose, manual or predefined. I did seem to get a lock and press ok but the only way to get out of that screen was to press exit. I'm not sure how to save it

Also my motor is a technomate tm2600super. I don't think this is a usals motor but having googled it I'm getting conflicting results and some sites say it is and some users claim to have usals working with it. I was going to go for the supreme dark motor in the hope that I could just turn on usals and it will work no bother

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 10:44
In Satfinder one usually uses the pre-defined transponders.
Satfinder is only meant for seeing the SNR-results on specific transponders, not for storing positions.
The latter should be done in PositionerSetup (provided your tuner config has been setup for the use of a motor without USALS).

Larry-G
16-08-13, 11:08
The TM2600 is usals compliant it's the same motor i use my self.

Rob van der Does
16-08-13, 11:12
Then my very first choice would be to use USALS. Very easy setup, no hassle.

thejoker
16-08-13, 19:06
I agree, usals is simple setup but it's not working for me for whatever reason. My coordinates are definitely correct

abu baniaz
16-08-13, 20:37
Please don't take this the wrong way, which of the following options do you want to do?

A. Cheat and compensate for misalignment by using "wrong" co-ordinates in your USALS setup.

B: Align dish correctly. Despite what you may think it most likely isn't. You can check by using USALS on the TM.

thejoker
18-08-13, 22:16
Yeah, I have a feeling the dish could be out. Im going to put mode to positioner, put in my coordinates, reboot box and select bbc 1 on 28.2 east. Then will get dish aligned to 28.2e. I have a cheap konig sat meter I will try, if thats no good the shop down the road has a decent meter.

Would that be ok to try...

Rob van der Does
19-08-13, 03:21
Better not use a cheap sat meter. Better use the satfinder of the solo itself; if you would use the skin Magic-HD you'll find the screen large enough to be readable from a distance.
Otherwise use an application like SignalMeter from

www.krkadoni.co
on your lappy or smartphone.
SNR is the value you should use, not AGC.

pooface
19-08-13, 07:20
Yeah, I have a feeling the dish could be out. Im going to put mode to positioner, put in my coordinates, reboot box and select bbc 1 on 28.2 east. Then will get dish aligned to 28.2e. I have a cheap konig sat meter I will try, if thats no good the shop down the road has a decent meter.

Would that be ok to try...

Also, don't align according to 28.2. You need to align at true south. Most likely scenario is to tune to 1w, and stick BBC world on, and get the best signal for that service...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

abu baniaz
17-01-20, 20:11
In a nutshell, yes.

That is the answer to the question: Do you ban people who post hidden links?

cactikid
18-01-20, 00:02
I think motorised setup is a thing of the past over here as too much time and trouble setting it up and they prefare multi lnb with a bigger dish.

manikm
18-01-20, 01:10
i wouldnt use BBC world, use a weaker TP - and maximise signal on this, this will get the most out of your dish.

Joe_90
19-01-20, 14:21
Seven year old thread guys! :coffin:

abu baniaz
19-01-20, 14:24
Looks like Sicilian has banned the person I quoted and deleted the subsequent spam posts.