PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] running software update hanging to build 714 from 711 ?

uscool
05-08-13, 20:57
Hi, was trying to update within software update, currenlty on 711 build , and 714 update is available , as soon i try to update and get you vu ulitmo is updating , thats it just hangs there , left it for 30mins i know usually doesnt take this long, tried it a few times, no big deal , can just do a clean reflash only takes me 5 - 10mins to get fully up and running, thought id post if just me

Thanks

Larry-G
05-08-13, 21:04
If you have installed picons from the feeds then a online update can easily take this long as it deletes and downloads every picon one by one, if you have picons installed delete them first. if not then try the update via a telnet session as this way it will show you exactly whats going on.

The command for a update via telnet is init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

twol
05-08-13, 21:23
Same problem from 709 on et9200.......... Just hangs with vix logo twirling, stopping and then
twirling then ...... Etc

uscool
05-08-13, 21:37
If you have installed picons from the feeds then a online update can easily take this long as it deletes and downloads every picon one by one, if you have picons installed delete them first. if not then try the update via a telnet session as this way it will show you exactly whats going on.

The command for a update via telnet is init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

Hi, that worked fine, i removed tv-ocram.shd picons and tried again and it updated fine, then reinstalled the picons, these picons by oscram look very nice with the new vix feature of picons in channel list, some are missing on 28.2 recent frequency changes any guide how these are made, would love to keep them updated

thanks

Larry-G
05-08-13, 22:29
ocram has his own GIT and we build them into our feeds from there, you can request updates etc directly from his GIT and others regularly do this.

https://github.com/ocram/picons

reeves1985
08-08-13, 10:29
Same problem here using a venton receiver
Just went to update this morning and its been stuck on the upgrade in progress screen for 40 minutes ish

Also I don't have picons from the feeds installed

The last time I did a update on build 699 it also hung and had to reboot it myself and flash from a USB

Larry-G
08-08-13, 22:57
Try updating via a telnet session as it will tell you exactly what its doing, personally i have not had any issues with online updates.

judge
08-08-13, 23:06
The last time I did a update on build 699 it also hung and had to reboot it myself and flash from a USB

That time, did you do any restore in the FIW that might also cause issues with future updates?
A fresh flash of current build, with no settings/plugins restore might be an idea for you.
Just back up your cams, important config files & channel lists to your pc if you need to, you can then restore from there after running through the first install wizard & you should be up & running again in no time.

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:08
yes as judge says its always a good idea once in a while to do a full fresh flash with no backups restored and the more you do it the easier it becomes for you.

reeves1985
08-08-13, 23:32
Sorry I forgot to update with more details I did do a fresh flash when it hung updating from 699 without restoring anything

The update mentioned above did complete but it took just under the hour mark

It's no big issue as I generally update when I'm doing something else so the time it takes doesn't really matter

I just noticed on my last couple of updates how long it was actually taking and the last update which was the one mentioned here I timed it to just under an hour

Larry-G
08-08-13, 23:34
What plugins do you have installed and are they from the feeds or installed manually ?.

I just updated my solo2 from 711 to 715 and it took under 5 minutes.

reeves1985
09-08-13, 08:14
I have ts media and on demand installed both from the feeds