PDA

View Full Version : Remembering settings

tooner
05-08-13, 20:18
I've got my dish nearly perfect now but some sats need some minor tweaking E or W to get the best signal. I can't work out how to save the settings so that they don't revert next time I go back to that sat. Are there any guides for doing so or is there a plugin I can use to manage this?

Thanks
Tooner

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 22:03
What image?
What box?
What's the tuner config?

tooner
06-08-13, 00:08
Sorry latest openvix on solo2. Tuner config is for motor?

judge
06-08-13, 00:23
...latest openvix on solo2...
sorry, but latest openvix really means nothing, please include the build number.
Menu -> Information -> About.
Probably has nothing to do with your issue but when reporting problems, knowing the build number is invaluable.

tooner
06-08-13, 08:17
Sorry it's 3.0.714.

tooner
07-08-13, 14:23
Sorry to bump this but I'm really struggling to get it to work. My alignment is slightly off so some sats need a bit of tweaking E or W. All I want to do is to be able to save the tweaks so that when my motor moves to the sat it is sent to a more accurate position. I'm using simple tuner with positioner and I have tried tweaking lat and long settings but this corrects some sats and breaks others. When I step E or W in positioner set up to get a better signal it will immediately revert to the old settings when I switch to another sat and back. Is there a way to make the box remember these settings?

Thanks
tooner

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 15:17
Oh yes: start with setting to advanced setup, NO USALS, and assign every satellite to a position number.

Sirius
08-08-13, 11:38
I was having this problem as my pole is not perfectly level. When using simple setting it was still picking up all sats available to me, but 28.2E and 30W needed adjusted slightly to get a better sig.

What I done was set to advanced entered long lat and enabled all the sats I use, Usals set to yes on them all then went to 28.2E channel 5, then back into positioner to tweak fine movements E W till I got the best sig, saved the position then back into settings set Usals to no for this sat entered saved number.

Then done the same for 30W now all is well... Will do for now until I get board one day and sort the bloody pole out 😃

tooner
12-08-13, 20:46
I've had no luck so far working out how to assign position numbers but I'll give it another blast tonight.

Sirius
13-08-13, 08:33
I've had no luck so far working out how to assign position numbers but I'll give it another blast tonight.

Just set it up to use Usals first then you can zap to different sats, start with 28.2E zap to channel 5 then all you do is go into positioner settings then do fine movements e/w once to get the snr as high as possible save it at no:28.
Then go thro each other sat and do the same.

I find it best to save the numbers accordingly 28.2E at 28 - 0.8W at 1 13E at 13 19.2E at 19 etc.

Once you have tweaked and saved the sats your having problems with. Go into advanced tuner settings and turn Usals off for each of them and enter the stored numbers you stored previously. 👍

tooner
13-08-13, 16:06
Thanks Sirius. I did it slightly differently. Firstly I set a number for each of the sats I can get and then I was able to adjust and store in positioner settings. All looking good now. Thanks!

Sirius
14-08-13, 20:14
No problem mate. I only had to fine tune 28.2E and 30W as my pole is slightly out using Usals.