PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 Satellite Selection issues

celphid
05-08-13, 17:08
Hi,

Just purchased a new Vu+ Duo2 from World of Satellite, I am having a problem selecting a satellite when configuring the basic settings. I am in Main Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner Configuration. Tuner A and Tuner B Reception Settings are as shown below. However I cannot change the port A or Port B options to select Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B at 28.2°E for my standard SKY dish. Am I missing something basic here?

Configuration Mode - simple
Mode - DiSEqC A/B
Port A - Nothing Connected
Port B - Nothing Connected
Set Voltage and 22KHz - no
Send DiSEqc only on satellite change - no

Any help would be great, as at the minute I have a box that is rendered useless until the WOS guys return from their summer break.

Larry-G
05-08-13, 17:41
What exactly is your setup ?. if your just using a fixed sky uk dish then set up the tuner as so.

Simple
Single
28.2 east
no.

celphid
05-08-13, 18:12
OK, at the moment I just have a fixed sky dish. So wanted to get that working first, with the outlook of adding another tuner card and motorized dish later.

Problem I have is that I cannot input anything into the 3rd line (satellite) it just says 'nothing connected'. I have tried reconnecting the dish cables back into my Sky Box and it works fine, so its not the dish or cabling.

celphid
05-08-13, 20:41
Right. Tried flashing with BH 2.0.5 and I can now select from the Satellite list and do a scan :)

Larry-G
05-08-13, 21:05
I dont have a Duo2 but i do have 5 other Vu+ receivers and have never had this kind of issue so maybe try a fresh flash of ViX and see it's present in that.

celphid
05-08-13, 21:21
OK thanks, at the minute I'm running blackhole, but am thinking of trying Vix, as your guide seems a little more user friendly, you might also guess I'm new to this

irishchris
06-08-13, 08:01
What exactly is your setup mate. You mention tuner c so do you have a twin tuner module and single tuner module installed?

celphid
06-08-13, 17:34
What exactly is your setup mate. You mention tuner c so do you have a twin tuner module and single tuner module installed?

No Just have one twin module in at present.