PDA

View Full Version : A background update check is in progress,please wait a few minutes and try again

kopchoir
05-08-13, 16:26
This message is popping up every time I try to do something on my box, I am using the latest VIX image version 3.0 build 714.
Any help would be super

Thanks
Kop

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 16:44
I assume this is when trying to update or an install from the feeds?
If so, there are two options:
1- The box has no working internet connection, or
2- You should delete all files in /var/lib/opkg/lists

kopchoir
05-08-13, 16:56
I assume this is when trying to update or an install from the feeds?
If so, there are two options:
1- The box has no working internet connection, or
2- You should delete all files in /var/lib/opkg/lists

Hi thanks for the reply
The box is connected to the net as I quickly used TSmedia to check,and I was connected everything fine with the connection.
I deleted files as mentioned above, I also turned off background check in software update but still the problem is there.
I was using a guide here to set up Inadyn but it wont let me use any features of my box, I hit the software update menu and it gave me the same message.

Any other help would be great

Larry-G
05-08-13, 16:58
Did you reboot the receiver after deleting the lists files ? if not then do that now.

kopchoir
05-08-13, 17:07
Did you reboot the receiver after deleting the lists files ? if not then do that now.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Yes I rebooted the receiver and restarted enigma2 but still no joy, it was the first thing I did when I deleted the files in lists.

Regards
Kop

kopchoir
05-08-13, 17:39
Seems to have sorted itself out now so im sorted thanks.

jus
04-11-13, 17:29
I have the same problem, but don't know where to look to delete these files. can someone please let me know were I look to get to these files for deleting. thanks

Mr. Mister
04-11-13, 17:45
For background check in progress :

/var/lib/opkg/lists

Delete all files in this folder

satmanbasil
04-11-13, 22:29
Hi

I was getting this problem too in the end i reverted back two builds then updated again seems to have cleared the problem for me