PDA

View Full Version : OpenPLi HD skin

Robinson
05-08-13, 09:55
Hello,
Does anyone use OpenPLi HD skin on VIX?
It is available on the feed for Solo2.
I have some problems with it although the (same?) skin works perfectly on OpenPLi image.
First of all, when I am in single EPG view I cannot jump to another channel's EPG. Normally it works on OpenPLi with, I think, < and > keys.
Another thing is that infobar does not show any informative icons, such as HD, 16:9, etc.
Can anyone please comment on these issues?

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 10:12
No I can't; we provide the skin as is.

But PLi's HD is a (weak) extract of my skin Magic-HD. The latter is fully compatible with ViX, so you might give that a try.

Robinson
05-08-13, 10:30
Thanks.
I will certainly give it a try when I get back home in the evening.
I hope Magic-HD is available from the feed.

Larry-G
05-08-13, 10:43
Magic-HD is built by rob and constantly updated to keep up with image changes, it is one of the very few skins that can be called a True ViX skin and yes it's available from the feeds.

Robinson
05-08-13, 10:58
it is one of the very few skins that can be called a True ViX skinMaybe it should become the default skin then, no?

Larry-G
05-08-13, 11:04
The Default skins Night HD and Day HD are written by Andy him self and updated on every build for the image, Rob updates his Magic Hd and Light skins in the same way as does Delaroov with his Magic Hd Night/Noire skins. so you have a decent choice. There are others available via the feeds that are regurally updated for ViX but on the whole skins available via the feeds are specificity updated for ViX.

Robinson
05-08-13, 11:09
Thanks pheonix.

Robinson
05-08-13, 18:10
OK, I have just tested the following 3 skins:
- ViX-Night-HD
- Magic-HD
- PLi-HD
and the missing function is on all of them, so it must be image-related rather than skin-related.
Previously I used OpenPLi, Newnigma2 and BlackHole and all of them had this function implemented.
What I mean is the following: you open channel list, press EPG and when you see single EPG for this channel, you can use arrows (left/right, up/down) to move about the EPG for this particular channel. However, if you want to view single EPG of the next channel in your list, you have a bit of a problem. On all those other images, you can do it with one key. As far as I can remember it is < or > and you are in the EPG of the next (or previous) channel in your channel list.
Unfortunately, on OpenViX these keys are not used in this screen. :(
Can this be changed?

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 18:14
Single EPG in Vix works different: simply use red while watching live-TV.
Then the CH+/- will change the channel, and the skip forward/backward will change the bouquet.

pdsat
06-09-13, 06:31
Single EPG in Vix works different: simply use red while watching live-TV.
Then the CH+/- will change the channel, and the skip forward/backward will change the bouquet.

Great stuff. But any chance this could be changed, that is to make < and > to change the channel in the Single EPG ? (which would be consistent with how it works in the Inforbar EPG)

I guess we could edit keymap.xml to make this happen, but I couldnt figure out how...

Rob van der Does
06-09-13, 06:49
I'm afraid not; all EPG's have some differences, so it's impossible to make the buttons act the same in all.