PDA

View Full Version : Loop through question

Tkr001
05-08-13, 06:22
My nice shiny duo2 has arrived complete with 2 dvbs2 twin tuners ie 4 tuners in all. In NZ we only access a single sat and all transponders are accessible through a single lnb. I assume each of the twin tuner cards will loop through to the second tuner on the card but I am guessing there is no way of looping through from one card to the other. If this is so I guess using a splitter will be ok as I only have a single lnb.

Can anyone confirm?

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 06:45
Indeed: the dual tuners allow for internal loopthrough, but there is no internal loopthrough between the tunerslots.
An external splitter won't work for a satellite setup. I presume you can upgrade your LNB to a quad?

Tkr001
05-08-13, 07:20
Thanks Rob. Sky nz have used splitters on some of their boxes for years and they haven't had problems. I agree though you need a splitter designed for satellite. I will give it a go and report back. I actually have a quad lnb but have run coax into 4 different rooms in the house.

Rob van der Does
05-08-13, 07:25
Hmm, that's rings a bell......

If all transponders you want to see are in the same 'quadrant' (i.e. same polarity and frequency band) you could indeed use a splitter.

Tkr001
06-08-13, 03:38
Yes they are all in the same quadrent. I have connected the splitter to the bottom input of each tuner card, setup tuner a and b the same as my other boxes and looped tuner c to tuner a and tuner d to tuner b. I have no problems with tuners b and d but for a and c I get a tune failed message. Any ideas as to what i have done wrong?

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 05:23
You have setup the loopthroughs the wrong way.
You have a (splitter connected to tuner B and D, correct?
So those two tuners should be set up as having the LNB as input.
Then tuner A should be set as loopthrough to tuner B, and tuner C to tuner D

Tkr001
06-08-13, 07:51
its not apparent which tuners are which if i try to configure tuner a the only loopthrogh option is tuner c or tuner d. i am confused.

OK now this is what works. single coax to tuner a. tuner a configured for lnb. Tuner b looped to tuner a, tuner c looped to tuner b and tuner d looped to tuner c. i can now use all 4 tuners so with 2 twin tuner cards you can loopthrough from card to card.

Rob van der Does
06-08-13, 08:14
Slot 1 top: A
Slot 1 bottom: B
Slot 2 top: C
Slot 2 bottom: D

Tkr001
06-08-13, 09:11
see my post above for what works